Case or No Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aznboi91, Dec 11, 2012.

?

Case or No Case?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2013.
  1. Case

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No Case

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aznboi91 macrumors regular

Case or No Case for iPhone?

I'm still deciding on wehther or not to buy one....

Any good recommendations and why?
    I'm looking at the poetic atmosphere, and it looks quite good....Should I get this one?

Any I should avoid?

Thanks guys.:apple:

2. Nale72 macrumors regular

3. aznboi91 thread starter macrumors regular

I would consider it as a case...

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use a bumper on my iPhone 4S & my wife uses a Speck Candy Shell on her iPhone 5.

6. Browns2212 macrumors regular

I use a case.

I got one on Amazon.com called a "Kay's Case- Skin Soft" in the "Smoked" color for the iPhone 5. It's was only $11.00.

I love it. It's thin, yet durable. Hardly adds anything to my phone.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Depends on YOUR needs.

I kept my 4s in an otterbox commuter case cause I knew it was going to my wife when the 5 came out (she wanted it rather than the "larger" 5).

Now that I have the 5, I have an applecare+ warranty on it so it'd cost me $50 to get a replacment. There are decent cases out there that are almost that much money!

I recently ditched the Incipio Dual-pro case that I got for it for daily use (love that case by the way) and got a Best Skins Ever skin. I love the skin but it's peeling a bit on the bottom by the headphone jack. I have yet to contact them about it but from what another user posted, they'll take care of it.

Anyway, the way I see it is that when the next iPhone comes out, I'll either get that and give this one to my wife or she can have the new one (which she never cares about) and I'll keep this one. Either way, a case is a bit overkill for me. The phone is SO THIN without a case and fits in my pocket awesome.

Others may not have an applecare+ warranty or opportunity for an upgrade every year and a case may be necessary.

It's a tradeoff and no two situations are similar. People need to assess what works best for them and do it!

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Subjective. Polling isn't the way to determine your preference on any topic.

Have you looked at all in the Accessories subforum? There are countless threads on various cases. The "why" is for you to determine. What do you need/want? What's your budget?

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As noted above, there are a number of threads already on this topic matter. Please use one of those linked threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.