case or no case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by verseafterverse, Aug 29, 2013.

1. verseafterverse macrumors member

So I was just wondering is there anyone here that doesn't use a case for there iphone 5 i just got mine and i really dont want to use one??

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Then don't use one. I see people not use cases all the time, and there's certainly tens of threads exactly like this one.

3. sers macrumors regular

Sometimes I'll go caseless so I can enjoy the beauty of the iphone 5, then get scared i'll drop it (it's happened to me once already) then throw my Otterbox Commuter on it. Then after a while I get sick of the commuter and go caseless. I'm back and forth with it.

4. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I use bumpers and go caseless at home so I can admire the beauty of the iphone. Until I found got my powersuppprt flat bumper

5. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I go caseless... If I am careless and drop it I will replace it. No need to worry about it.

6. CHMK macrumors regular

i dont use one. its too beautiful without. but then if u dont u have to be really careful, basically if u drop it ure screwed . and it scratches easily

7. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I don't use a case on mine. I bought AppleCare+ for the extended warranty (had troubles with my iPhone 4 after the one year warranty expired and I'm never going without the two year again). With that said, it now covers drop damage... $50 deductible is basically like the price of a case. Win-win in my situation.

If you can't afford to replace your phone if it breaks, use a case. If you can, don't.

8. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I like going caseless too, but I don't like getting scratches. I've tried various skins and ultra thins, and the best compromise I've found is the Caudabe Veil. Extremely thin and really good quality. The iPhone appears naked but there's still decent scratch and bump protection. It's cheap enough that if I break it, I can just get another one. Latest price I saw on Amazon was $14.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Caudabe+veil

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yes, many do -- and not just for the 5 but for any device out there. Why does it matter? Do whatever works for you.

10. ghfrdsrt macrumors newbie

11. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

The iPhone 5 scratches even when it's in a case. One drop or accidentally put in pocket with keys and it would be a right mess. I need maximum resale value to fund the next iPhone.

Also, I prefer the feel of it in my had when its in a case, I personally find it more comfortable.

12. Warcake macrumors regular

case or no case

This. There are cases that make the iPhone 5 more comfortable to hold since the thing is too damn thin. For example; the magpul i5. I rarely roll naked these days since I'm starting to dislike the feel of the chamfered edge.

13. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

For reference I used my white iPhone 5 for 10 months without a case and at the end of it all, it had a few dents and scratches on the back. There were also hairline scratches on the front screen but nothing to write home about! I got a warranty replacement recently so I'm trying to keep this one clean in a case, but eventually I'll go back to enjoying it as it was designed :)

14. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

I have the Caudabe Veil, too and it works great as a thin minimal case.

15. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I started with a case, but then went with the Spigen Linear EX slim case, which is really just a bumper. The phone still looks almost naked, but the bumper provides enough extra grip that I don't feel like I'm going to drop my phone.

16. rjkgr macrumors regular

case!!! not worth paying 40-90 dollars to fix a screen, and i just brought a bumper case for 3 dollars and havent broke my screen yet