Case, Or No Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luigi239, Jun 15, 2009.

?

Do you / will you use a case with your iPhone?

1. Yes, I like to cover up my iPhone.

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. No, I like my phone to be naked.

35 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

This is the question that has bugging me since I pre-ordered my 3G S. I had an original iPhone without a case, and within the first week of getting it, I put a nice dent in the corner by the headphone jack (somebody I was with dropped it in a parking lot, while raining...) Since then I have not had any major incidents with dropping my phone or real damage. I even bought two cases on clearance for about $10, and I end up taking them off after a week.

For all iPhone owners, is it worth it to have a case? I love the design of the iPhone and don't feel right just hiding it. However if I invest $30-$35 in a case I really like, maybe it will be worth it. Opinions, please.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I don't really like the idea of using cases, as it takes away from the aesthetics of the device, but I'd rather be protected than not. So, I've got a Speck CandyShell chillin' here on the desk next to me, waiting to be used.

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

5. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I've used my original iPhone for almost two years without nary a case to cover it's naked smooth body.

I'll probably go case-less with my 3G S as well, unless the plastic backing gets to me.

6. eh270 macrumors regular

Depends on how you use it. I always keep it in my pocket, and nothing else goes in there, so there's nothing to really scratch it. My mom tosses hers around in her handbag, and I think she is wise to at least cover the screen with one of those films. In general I'm not a big fan of cases for things, by the time it's scratched up you're probably going to get a new [ipod/camera/cellphone] anyway. But with the iPhone, a scratched screen is a killer.

7. Rootus macrumors 6502

On my first gen iPhone I used Invisishield, primarily to give the phone some texture since the aluminum is slippery as snot. I'm still debating whether or not I'll do anything for the 3GS -- the plastic back isn't nearly as slippery as the aluminum on the original iPhone, so I don't think it'll be nearly as prone to dropping. If I do anything at all, it'll probably be Invisishield again just because that's the thinnest protection you can get and it's clear so it doesn't change the way the phone looks.

8. Zarile3 macrumors member

I have never really been one for cases. I usually use skins, I own a gelaskin for my Ipod Touch.

I may go with a case though, I saw a really nice one posted somewhere on here, it was very thin, and the logo on the back was actually shown, but instead of a circle around it, it was actually the shape of the apple logo carved out. Don't know who the manufacturer is or anything though.

I have been looking around at cases, but really, that's the only thing that caught my eye.

9. dagomike macrumors 65816

I need a case for grip. The 2G naykid liked to fly out of my hands and don't want to take any chances.

10. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I have had my 1st gen iphone for over 1 1/2 and have not one single scratch on the back. Apple logo and bezel show regular ware.

11. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i have a iPod Touch 1G and i put a case on it when it was first taken out of the box to avoid scratches on the back (i got it the christmas on '07) but one time i took the case off to clean the dust off and i liked how i felt so i kept it off. but now the back is full of scratches, you can't even see yourself in it.

12. Zarile3 macrumors member

now that I have looked through the skins, I may just go with a new one this time. Thinking the Van Gogh "almond branches" this time around.