Case or not to case.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Knighthammer, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Knighthammer macrumors newbie

I'm new to iphones - my first one (5s 32MB) comes in on Wednesday (9/25). I've had several android phones and never a case on them and never really had any issues. One does have a dent on it near the screen though. Anyway - is it safe to go nude on the phone? My wife's got a case on her 5 and her 4 before it but I'm not 100% sure I want one.

Thoughts - suggestions?

2. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I know lots of people that go nude on their phone but I could never do it. I just throw a slim case and a screen protector and I'm good. I rock the Magpul case. Perfect case and doesn't add much bulk. I just feel like the phone is so delicate without a case in it.

3. Knighthammer thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have or tried the SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5S / 5 Case Neo Hybrid? It looks nice, but don't know if its good.

4. Breedlove, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

Breedlove macrumors regular

Just got mine in today and popped it straight onto my 5s.

Super thin and light. Looks great and seems to mesh well with Apple's design aesthetics. Fits incredibly snug - which is a good thing. TPU is a great material for cases (very durable and shock absorbent) and SGP does TPU cases very well. The frame seems to add quite a bit of stability to the case as well as providing a welcome bit of accenting if you so choose (I went with the slate gray so its not as pronounced - but this was intentional on my part).

Needless to say, I'm very impressed with it so far and I'm sure this will remain so for the foreseeable future.
    I might mention that a TPU SGP case replaced 10 or so expensive cases I had for my 4S and the company seems to have kept to the same high standard of quality.

Edit: I also had the Magpul Field Executive case for my 4S and that was a close second to the SGP Modello for me.

5. phas3 macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat its just that the iphone is so elegant and deserves to be nude but I'm afraid of dropping it haha.

So I'm looking for a very slim case that is two tone like the iphone 5/5s or a sleek leather slim case.

6. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I prefer no case but they are so slippery and ice cold in winter. The new Apple leather case is a ripper.

7. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Go with the bumper. It looks sexy, protects the phone and shows off the beautiful design of the iPhone.

linky

If you have a white phone, look at the snow series on the same website.