Case or skin?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Orizence, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Orizence macrumors 6502

Last week I bought a new 13" Macbook Air and am pretty happy about that, but I am now looking for something to protect mine; after seeing many people saying dust that gets under your case will scratch up your macbook pretty bad, would you recommend a skin from dbrand, or maybe Slickwraps? Or would you prefer a case instead?

2. Hamnasha macrumors newbie

3. harleymhs macrumors 6502

I went with Best Skins Ever .. Installed it on my 11 MBA and 2 MBPr and all 3 came out amazing! Used their Matte finish! My wife was amazed how they all came out so was I ..

Attached Files:

4. Orizence thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow... Theres a skin on that? I really can't tell xD I might actually buy that

5. Wackery macrumors 6502a

neither, get a pouch when you travel, but leave it caseless when in use, maybe just the keyboard cover

6. canuckRus, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

Dust causing scratches under cases(?), RARE! You might not be willing however to tolerate the amount of fingerprints showing up depending on your colour choice.

7. Buggyflayer macrumors regular

Bought a Speck clear case with my Mid 2012 13" Air and been really happy with it. The case itself is a bit scratched-up now so am considering buying a new case but after 3 years its no shame to the product.
    I take it off every few months for a cleanup as there is a little dust that does eventually get inside but I have no scratches on the Air. I've had it in fairly dusty conditions in rural East Africa several times, the kind of places that when you do get back to an airport you realise the keyboard and screen looks kinda sepia. A cleanup after that is common sense.