iPad mini case or tripod to aid video rec. with ipad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ThereGoesJB, Sep 19, 2013.

1. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

I have an ipad mini and will need to record video of teacher during a lesson. There will be times with no one to help and will need something to prop up the ipad to film.
    I am hoping a case or a tripod has been made to help with this, a quick search turned up some expensive ones but im hoping for something more reasonable (in the 20-50$ range)

2. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

what about using an actual camcorder instead ? i am not so fond of people using an Ipad as a camera or camcorder. that's the reason why there is an actual camcorder, an actual camera so that you can take a better picture or video. the camera and video on an Ipad is just there as an added feature and not to use it as a dedicated camera or camcorder.

3. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Try googling "tripod adapter ipad". Use that search term to Google images, too. That'll help you get a good idea of what's out there, and maybe spark some ideas if you or someone else involved is a DIYer. Some of the adapters I saw may be all you need (lots of stuff in your price range), or they can be used with a cheap tripod (or a tripod that you could borrow).

4. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

i absolutely hear ya, and normally agree (and i hate seeing people at events holding up their ipads taking pictures/video) but we have the ipad, and it also makes for more convenient reviews among 2-3 people after the lesson.

5. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

understood. what about using your iphone video (if available) as i know they have more and better tripod available. might be cheaper too as it's lighter than the ipad. the heavier the object is the more technically challenged the part will be. so tripod for iphone will be lighter and smaller than ipad's.

6. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

i found this one on amazon. and it has a decent price too: THIS TRIPOD

7. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

wow that looks like exactly what i need, great price too, i think im getting this. thanks!!!