Case over Case for iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BiscottiGelato, Jan 10, 2018.

1. BiscottiGelato macrumors 6502

Hoping to tap into the wisdom of the crowd here:

I have a TOZO thin case for the iPhone X. I am wondering what would be a good case if I want to put another case on top of the TOZO. The reason is I want to use the phone with a Quad Lock bike mount, but don't want to rip out the TOZO case every time to do so, nor want to put the Quad Lock adapter permanently on my TOZO thin case either...

71VN4jYqFCL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/TOZO-Thinnest-Protect-Semi-transparent-Lightweight/dp/B07569T3NM

61UfTXxdiCL._SX522_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Quad-Lock-Uni...UTF8&qid=1515617958&sr=8-1&keywords=quad+lock

Thanks!

2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

Just purchase an Otterbox Symmetry and call it a day :)

3. BiscottiGelato thread starter macrumors 6502

I want something that goes over my slim case just for the bike mount. I’m okay with my current slim case day to day.

4. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

I don't know of any case that would fit securely over another case, no matter how thin. Cases are designed to the iPhone's dimensions, not an iPhone with a .35mm buffer on it. I'd look into one of the many stretchy silicone holders on amazon, which would work with your current case. I've had good luck with one, and have also used this tripod on my bike, but I wouldn't recommend it for heavy duty use. http://a.co/gLzd0U3

You do present an interesting niche for some company, but not mine, ha :)

5. BiscottiGelato thread starter macrumors 6502

For my old iPhone 6 I used to use a Spigen TPU rubber sides with a clear plastic back, Over clear Skins.
    But I don't want to bother with Skins on the iX anymore. Thin cases takes much less time to replace when it wears out. But I don't want to wear it out prematurely either by swaping it with another case for Quad Lock.

6. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I would imagine your only option is one of the flexible TPU cases on the market. However, with the TOZO on the phone the other case might have trouble fitting securely. Which defeats the purpose of having a secure to a bike mount. I don’t think you’ll really know until you buy one and try it out.

7. bonjourx macrumors regular

bonjourx

I know this isn’t related to the thread question but i would just like to know how is this case? Does it protects the camera?

8. BiscottiGelato thread starter macrumors 6502

9. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265