Case program - Apple not allowing changes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maverick86, Aug 16, 2010.

1. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I just called Apple to see why I hadn't received notification of a changed order that I made a couple weeks ago and to see if I could make yet another change. The rep told me they had no record of the order change and that my original order choice was "locked in." So essentially once I placed the order through the case program app, I wasn't able to change it again. Has anybody else experienced this?

2. fullfast macrumors member

Sure have....cancelled my original order middle of last week, wanted to get the bumper, had email confirming cancellation, went back into case app.....it told me that I already had an order outstanding......phoned apple....on the line for 45 minutes to then be told.....unfortunately at this time we are unable to change your order, however you may still receive your original request....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If this is true, Apple probably got fed up with all the indecisive users who couldn't make up their minds.

4. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Managed to change my order :)

Didnt get any email confirmations tho, I rang the sales helpline after cancelling my order online.

The case app didnt allow me to do anything, even after i cancelled it said order had already been placed with my phone. When I rang apple I had to provide them with my IMEI and they were able to change the order on the system for me. The orderstatus site updated a day or two later.

FWIW I changed from the belkin micra to the apple bumper.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I changed mine twice. Started out with the Incase Snap Clear. Changed that to the Belkin Shield Micra in clear because the Incase didn't protect the top and bottom. Then I got my Ivyskin Reception Case and realized that I hate clear plastic cases so I changed from the Belkin Shield Micra to the Speck Pixelskin HD. Just waiting for it to ship now.

6. Alien987 macrumors newbie

I was able to change from the Belkin Shield Micra to an Apple Bumper at first, but when I wanted to change it for a second time (to InCase Snap Case) they told me my order was already ready to ship so I couldn't make changes.

7. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Most orders are now "Prepared For Shipment", so I would imagine that it's almost impossible to change it now.

8. maverick86 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's odd for me is that my order still says 'Not Yet Shipped' so I assumed I still would be able to make a change. I guess in the grand scheme of things receiving the PixelSkin HD isn't all bad considering I had changed to the Reveal Etch and started to regret that.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This is some BS. I requested a week and half ago to switch my order from a Pixelskin HD to a Bumper since I already have the Pixelskin now. If I can't change it then I'm going to cancel it then. I do not want a repeat case at all. Cant win em all I guess :rolleyes:

10. cvd macrumors member

I changed mine without any problem about a week ago--the guy I talked to told me it would just be a minute, and that was that. It even moved my expected shipping date up.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I thought had to send the orders in to their supervisors for changes. Well at least that what I was told the 1st time. The last time I tried to change the guy told me he would take care of it and that was almost 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed. I'm going to call them later.

12. nd4speed macrumors member

I think you just got a misinformed rep. I changed my order last week (granted my order didn't ship yet).

13. maverick86 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'll give them a call again and see if I'm told anything different. It'd be ideal if they can change my order but, if not, won't be the end of the world.

14. Showtime3 macrumors member

are any of you guys getting two cases? (apple bumper credit + ordering a free case)

15. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Definitely call again. I didn't have any luck the first time I called but the next two times I called I had no problem making my changes.

16. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I just called and was able to switch from the Pixelskin to the Bumper. Shows that it won't ship out until 9/14. I can live with that and I'll just rock my Incase Slider until then :D

17. maverick86 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ugh well I called again and the person who got my call was a Tech Support guy who gave me a case number and said a Customer Support person would call tomorrow evening...

Apparently with so many people putting orders in with this program tech support people no longer handle these things :rolleyes:

18. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I just got off the phone with an Apple CS rep to exchange my Belkin Micra for an InCase Slider & the rep told me, they are not doing any returns or exchanges for the free case program.

I'm going to try again tomorrow and see if I can get lucky.

19. maverick86 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Had my scheduled call with Apple last night and surprise, surprise the guy was able to change my order. Pushed my ship date back by about two weeks but should be worth it

20. Steel28 macrumors member

changed from Pixelskin HD to Apple bumper. Bought the HD locally though :D

21. canesfan84 macrumors newbie

exchanged?

were u able to finally exchange the belkin shield micra for the incase? or did apple say no again?

22. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

bastards!
    give us a faulty phone, then a faulty case!
    *******s!

23. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Sadly nope, I have been too lazy to be in that part of town where my nearest Apple Store is located at. But, I have to go to the post office tomorrow so if I remember I'll go find out if I get lucky or not.

24. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Requested to change my Reveal to the Incase Snap clear back on Aug 9th, I didn't check the Order status after (since the rep was firm she was able to change it) yet tonight, I got a shipment notice and it looks like the Reveal was shipped, not the Incase.. so the change didn't happen :(