Case program uses IMEI number...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by readerbreader, Jul 26, 2010.

1. readerbreader macrumors regular

what if you get a replacement phone after you have placed an order for a free case? can you place another order?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

do you really feel good about trying to cheat the system? 1 free case not enough?

With that said, I do think I remember reading about returned phones nullifying the case ordered with that IMEI though

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Why?

4. readerbreader thread starter macrumors regular

What does it matter, what I'm trying to do. I just asked for your opinions.

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i don't see any other reason as to why you would ask this unless you are planning on cheating the system :p

*edit* i see you edited your post after I quoted it

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

1 case per iphone 4 customer. By you ordering another case, you are making another person to get their case later. Do w/e u please. But, I hope apple catches you and charge your credit card.

7. hunter x az macrumors member

Maybe he is? Most of you guys cheat the system too be jailbreaking to tether your devices through the phone, so ****.

Answer his question or DON'T post.

8. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

Cheat the bastards just like they cheated us out of a recall!

9. readerbreader thread starter macrumors regular

haha. XD you are my hero. :p

10. Jestered macrumors 6502

You have every right to get all your money back. No one cheated you out of anything. If you've been cheated, go get your money back and be done with it.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

To answer the question I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    It's up to you to get another free case. Neither Me or anyone else here is your father and I don't like to judge like many others in this thread.

12. 101AirAssault macrumors member

Have you NOT been paying attention over these last few days? Of course he feels good about it and so many others do too. Others are trying to get their money back AND get another free case. (apple's screw up not mine_

Some are trying to justify getting a "free" iPhone 4 (only one that is ok is the guy who's boss argued with apple about getting an iPhone 4 when he had a 3gs). (again, apple's screw up not mine argument)
    While others are saying they bought one in store subsidised and the one they ordered and paid for (subsidised), was not shipped and they where asking if thy would get away with it..... (this time at&t's screw up not mine)

Lots of dis-honest people floating around on the ol MR boards.... liars and criminals will never think what they are doing is wrong and will justify their actions even with over whelming evidence to the contrary.

Not even the same IMHO. You are already paying for service AND data. AT&T is forcing you to pay an ADDITIONAL fee to use something for which you have already paid (they would be getting something for nothing, much like the criminals in the situations I described above)...... Now using hacked apps is a different story.

13. readerbreader thread starter macrumors regular

Oh please. I would be a criminal if i walked into the store and stole it. I am using the program (as it is intended) to look up my IMEI number and get a case with it. OK. so, i got a new phone, and now I'm wondering... "Hmm maybe they will cancel it...i should probably go on my NEW phone and order one...just in case..."

14. 101AirAssault macrumors member

stating facts is not judging. By sitting on the side lines and not speaking up about someone doing wrong you are condoning said behavior. Maybe the next "free" thing they come for will be something from your car/house. Of course you think it's ok to seal from apple so it would be ok for them to steal from you right?
    I said it before and I'll say it here. I'm not the morality police, just a guy with morals..... we all have free will and will live our lives according to our own morals and upbringing. Maybe some people's parents just didn't teach their kids the difference between right and wrong and cheating the system, even if there is an ability to do so, is still wrong.

Like I said, they will try to justify their actions.

15. chembox macrumors 6502a

Jesus Christ, a bumper costs at least $1 to manufacturer, the markup was incredibly overpriced, and they were charging $29 for it. If anything, Apple was the one acting the most criminal.

16. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

They collect more information than just the IMEI number - I think it includes your phone number and iTunes email address as well. Not 100% sure on the iTunes account though.

So if you had the phone & sim replaced after creating a new itunes account, they still have the free case tied to a phone number.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sir I don't care what you say.
    I'm not here to judge you either:)

18. 101AirAssault macrumors member

to each his own.

19. spades1412 macrumors 6502

The real question is how many people here screaming its wrong would try it if given the chance. I would. Its not stealing if their program lets you do it. Its not much different than people who purchased multiple bumpers getting refunded for all of them instead of just one.

20. diabolic macrumors 68000

The way someone acts when nobody is watching is far more indicative of the kind of person they are than how they act in front of others.

Believe it or not, most people aren't trying to take advantage of everything or everyone every day. There are lots of things in life that "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

21. chembox macrumors 6502a

It's a corporation making millions of you, not a small business that is barely making profit.

22. Jestered macrumors 6502

You're justification is completely flawed. What difference does it make who you're doing the injustice to? It's still just as wrong.

23. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

don't you think they would notice a second {or third, or however many} bumper being sent to the same address over and over? good luck with that....

24. chembox macrumors 6502a

Because a household can't have two iPhone 4 owners? :confused:

I see a major difference, although you have a different mindset than me, so there's no need to argue.

25. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

i ordered a bumper from the app program the morning it came out, over the weekend i was so frustrated with my prox sensor that i made an appointment with apple and had the phone replaced today...thinking they would cancel my first bumper i ordered another case from the new phone i got, only to check my email and see that the bumper has shipped, so we'll see if they cancel the other case