case question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brvheart, May 15, 2011.

1. brvheart macrumors 6502

Hello all - I changed my own hard drive on my late model 2008/2009 MBP (not the current line, the one before that), I missed two screws and bent the front of the case up a bit so it is not sealed, will the burn the hard drive up? I was not sure if it was closed/sealed system and required everything to be sealed so that it creates the vacuum to keep the internals cooled? Everything is work just fine, reloaded the OS etc last night but I am worried about the cooling with the case being bent. I am currently looking on the bay for a replacement keyboard/trackpad top lid to fix my butchered bent one. :(

2. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

How could you mess up the installation on a late '08 machine? You open the latch, and just unscrew one screw to remove the hard drive ...

3. brvheart thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you have been very helpful in answering my question...

And no you dont, there are a **** ton of screws on the case and 3 under the battery and two under the RAM cover which are the two that I missed.

4. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

To replace the hard drive?
    So you have an '09 machine that has the built-in battery?

5. brvheart thread starter macrumors 6502

No built in battery - it is removable -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9r1UAVq9AU

What happened is I started it, and then I had to go get my kids and finished after. I should have checked to ensure that I got every screw but I did not, it is one of those things that I call myself stupid for, but it happened and I cant change it and now want to know if I will have to worry about burning up the hard drive as the case is not sealed in the front.

6. brvheart thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone else might be able to help answer the question?