Case Recommendation for 13 Inch MBP - Spec or Incase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeme, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jeme macrumors regular

New convert here - recently got a 13 inch MBP and put my intel X25 in it - nice! Anyway - I look at the bottom the other day and is has some scratches towards the back - I know it will eventually get them but it is less that a week old and I have tried to be very careful with it.

Anyway I carry the machine in my briefcase in a pocket designed for a laptop but was considering getting one of those "shell" type cases.

I have seen both the incase version and the spec version of the "shell" type case - can anyone recommend one or the other? Also - how are these cases with heat and do they add much bulk?

2. URPREY macrumors newbie

I have the InCase sleeve, but I think I'm going to return it. I'm concerned that the zippers may cause scratches as they are still close to the MBP once it's closed. No idea which one I'll go with...

3. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

OK - thanks, but I am actually asking about the hard shell cases. Thanks!

4. jreuschl macrumors 6502

The problem is the ports are different on the new MBP 13", specifically, the lock cable jack. I just ordered on Amazon the Macally bookshell to get by.. it looks like that would fit perfect except for the lock.

5. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

The Speck cases work fine w/ the new 13" MBP. Idk about incase.

6. ArtVandalay macrumors newbie

I haven't got it yet, but I just ordered the Colcasac based purely on the reviews i've read. it looks really well designed and, in my personal preference, it uses hemp and other sustainable materials.

Actually, writing that made me realize this case will match my new Vans I got that are black hemp too. Score.

www.colcasac.com
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7503698/c/65872.html

7. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Jeez...the OP mentioned hard case twice in this thread :cool:

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

After owning a Speck, Incase is the way to go. The only reason why I owned a Speck was because Incase hadn't realized the Hard Shell for the 17".

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

a lot of members already know i own the speck seethru and i have got a lot of people to but them because they are just great.
    incase has only a matte "rubber" coating on all of their hardshells so they are not sleek and transparent, its a preference

10. jreuschl macrumors 6502

Would some of the ports be blocked though, like the lock slot?

11. z-hayden macrumors newbie

i have heard that the speck SEETHRU SATIN is awesome but don't know if it'll work with the 13 inch pro

12. LycanNyc macrumors newbie