Case recommendations for 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by darrylcn, Nov 2, 2015.

1. darrylcn macrumors regular

After some YouTube searches I thought I might ask this question here. Hoping to get a 6S Plus for Christmas and I'm going to case it like my current iPhone 5. I have an Otterbox Commuter for my 5, I like the edge of screen protection and easy removal since I take it out of the case when I'm at home. I'd like the same for my 6S Plus but I only really know LifeProof/Otterbox.
    Assuming people here are more familiar with cases, can anyone recommend an easy to remove/good protection case? Any 6+ Commuter users here that can speak of its ease of removal?

Thanks

2. gsmornot, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015

gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Personally, I use an Apple leather case which does not provide the level of protection you're looking for. The phone is large which is fine but adding a large case to a large phone is not my thing. Prior to this case, I used clear TPU covers that were thin. Just enough coverage to avoid scratches and add some grip.

3. darrylcn thread starter macrumors regular

4. AE14 macrumors 65816

Based on your criteria here is what I would recommend
    • Otterbox Symmetry
    • Thule Atmos x3
    • Spigen Slim Armor
    • Speck CandyShell Grip
    All 4 are very good, slim and protective

5. darrylcn thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, I'll look those up.

6. fullfast macrumors member

Personally I use the Quadlock case....one case and then multiple mounts....belt, bike, car etc....all use the same connection...great level of protection and useability

7. AE14 macrumors 65816

I actually have all 4...2 from my 6 plus (Thule and Speck) and 2 from my 6s Plus (Spigen and Otterbox). Really liking the gunmetal Spigen on my SG 6s plus. Just really dislike the kickstand

8. darrylcn thread starter macrumors regular

I'm leaning toward the Spigen Slim Armor, looks easy to remove at work/home, and I can see the stand being useful. My 5's edge protection is really great with the Commuter, but I'm still looking for good pics of the Spigen's screen/edge. If it's got good protection in that sense I'll probably put it on my wish list. Thanks again for the help folks.

9. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I like the Apple silicon case. Doesn't add much size and comes off/on easy. Unless something actually contacts the glass, I think it would be very hard to damage iphone.

10. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Another vote for the Spigen Slim Armor... love it... the "kickstand" is a bit cheesy, but the case is great.

11. darrylcn thread starter macrumors regular

I wound up sending the Tough Armor link to my wife after seeing this image:
    [​IMG]

Other than the edge protection it appears the Slim/Tough Armor are very similar. I'd like the extra protection. Guess I've made my choice, thanks again all.

12. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Magpul Field Case gets my vote. The fit is perfect.