Case recommendations for 6S Plus

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
After some YouTube searches I thought I might ask this question here. Hoping to get a 6S Plus for Christmas and I'm going to case it like my current iPhone 5. I have an Otterbox Commuter for my 5, I like the edge of screen protection and easy removal since I take it out of the case when I'm at home. I'd like the same for my 6S Plus but I only really know LifeProof/Otterbox.
Assuming people here are more familiar with cases, can anyone recommend an easy to remove/good protection case? Any 6+ Commuter users here that can speak of its ease of removal?

Thanks

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
After some YouTube searches I thought I might ask this question here. Hoping to get a 6S Plus for Christmas and I'm going to case it like my current iPhone 5. I have an Otterbox Commuter for my 5, I like the edge of screen protection and easy removal since I take it out of the case when I'm at home. I'd like the same for my 6S Plus but I only really know LifeProof/Otterbox.
Assuming people here are more familiar with cases, can anyone recommend an easy to remove/good protection case? Any 6+ Commuter users here that can speak of its ease of removal?

Thanks
Personally, I use an Apple leather case which does not provide the level of protection you're looking for. The phone is large which is fine but adding a large case to a large phone is not my thing. Prior to this case, I used clear TPU covers that were thin. Just enough coverage to avoid scratches and add some grip.

Last edited:

AE14

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Based on your criteria here is what I would recommend
  • Otterbox Symmetry
  • Thule Atmos x3
  • Spigen Slim Armor
  • Speck CandyShell Grip
All 4 are very good, slim and protective

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
  • Otterbox Symmetry
  • Thule Atmos x3
  • Spigen Slim Armor
  • Speck CandyShell Grip
Thank you, I'll look those up.

fullfast

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Personally I use the Quadlock case....one case and then multiple mounts....belt, bike, car etc....all use the same connection...great level of protection and useability

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
I'm leaning toward the Spigen Slim Armor, looks easy to remove at work/home, and I can see the stand being useful. My 5's edge protection is really great with the Commuter, but I'm still looking for good pics of the Spigen's screen/edge. If it's got good protection in that sense I'll probably put it on my wish list. Thanks again for the help folks.

Reactions: AE14

rugmankc

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
I like the Apple silicon case. Doesn't add much size and comes off/on easy. Unless something actually contacts the glass, I think it would be very hard to damage iphone.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
  • Otterbox Symmetry
  • Thule Atmos x3
  • Spigen Slim Armor
  • Speck CandyShell Grip
Another vote for the Spigen Slim Armor... love it... the "kickstand" is a bit cheesy, but the case is great.

Reactions: Eileen89 and AE14

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
I wound up sending the Tough Armor link to my wife after seeing this image:

Other than the edge protection it appears the Slim/Tough Armor are very similar. I'd like the extra protection. Guess I've made my choice, thanks again all.

Reactions: AE14