Case requirements for the thinnest case-

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OverSpun, Oct 21, 2012.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I am very aware (obviously) that there are a lot threads about this-

1. Thinnest Case

2. Covers all side buttons (obv, if youre using a case, why not protect those as well)

3. covers the bottom of the phone with only an open for the cable (obv. not to obstruct the speakers)

4. Last thing.. Cover the back of the phone. I would prefer to have it clear or smoke/clear type.

I am still using a cheap $4 case from amazon but its rubber and very flimsy. I haven't run into a decent case that was posted on the forum.

I used apple's bumper case w/ film protectors (front/back) w/ that and it was a perfect setup, but I just prefer to protect the rear as well. I also used an Otterbox defender (rarely used it) but it was overkill from its size.

Any recommendations that would fit my requirements?

2. dbo43867 macrumors member

I think a lot of people would love said case. To my knowledge it doesn't exist.

I have a growing feeling that many companies are contract manufacturing from the same places- with only minor modifications to a core design. I don't really want to name names less I am wrong, or some company get butthurt.

Some innovation exists, but not nearly as much as there could be. We may be waiting for a while.

3. mbmobile macrumors member

4. darster Suspended

5. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

My exact thoughts... I've been waiting until something catches my eye. I definitely don't want to spend $100 on a case. I feel like $20-30 is reasonable. I definitely regret having to spent $50 on a defender case for my iP4 since I only used it maybe a week?

It looks nice, but it doesn't cover any of the buttons, unfortunately. Thanks!

Yea, according from the images on that link.. def not what I'm looking for. I'm wondering what Apple's reasoning was without any cases being released with the phone like the iP4 (even given that they were released from that reception issue, but that case came out nice).

6. Leek macrumors newbie

If you were happy with a bumper and screen protectors, it sounds like you are looking to protect from scratches rather than drops. For that situation, the most popular case around here is the Desmay Slight. it doesn't cover the buttons but it certainly is very thin and a very precise cut including protection around the bottom.

7. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I see, I've looked at that case but I looked away without the buttons being covered. The apple bumper's button covers got eventually scratched up, but of course, it protected the phone perfectly since I never once dropped the phone or anything.

Thats exactly what made me decide that cases require button covers; especially that the black iphone buttons may get worn after time.

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Check out the Noot. I have the solid case in white and it is very slim, covers the buttons, goes all around the phone and catches on the front bevel so no problems with screen protectors. The one below has comes in multiple colors with the clear back. I would assume it is also very slim as well. The quality on my Noot is surprisingly very good for a bargain case.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=160901029164&index=14&nav=SEARCH&nid=95527479568

9. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I ran into this case in another thread....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16091954&postcount=87
    I think this one looks good (note the covered buttons) but who knows after 1 picture and NO info. :rolleyes:

10. barryst macrumors regular

I'm looking for the same type of case. Can't seem to find one. There are ultra thin cases out there but they dont' cover all the sides or buttons. I also would like one that gives a very minimal lip. I have a diztronic currently, and the fit and feel is nice, but i'd like a case that's translucent black/grey and ultra thin which the diztronic isn't.

11. OverSpun, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

12. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

You can get a case identical(or the same one) on eBay for way cheaper.
    My girlfriend has this case and the fitment is perfect. It protects the phone and it keeps it relatively thin. It comes in black too. She loves it and has ended her case hunt. I'm still looking for something different though

13. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

you're right. Its slightly different, but it would have worked. I searched this- (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...id+CASE+FOR+Apple+iPhone+5&_sacat=0&_from=R40)

Oh well since I already ordered the other one. Thanks! (I'm looking still, too). My temporary case was too flimsy and it falls off whenever I get my phone out my pocket. haha.

14. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Hope your search goes well. I think I'm settling for the SGP bumper for now.. I want to show the good looks of the phone off without compromising comfort and usability.

15. barryst macrumors regular

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

17. barryst macrumors regular

Yeah I have one of these ordered and waiting to arrive (black version).. is there a big lip around the front?

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Not too large, but you can lay it screen side down.