case review?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by wywern209, Oct 22, 2008.

1. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

has anyone review this case? its the belkin 2-tone one. if anyone has not done a review on it, is it possible to take 30 mins off ur time and do a small reviw with pics and such as i wasw ondering if this case was decent as i was going to buy it alond with the power support anti-glare film set(going to use only front:( meh thats what u get for getting 2G) so is this viable option? is it good?

- pretty please. wywern209

2. thecoard macrumors member

thecoard

I don't have any pictures, but I bought it. Stay away, it's an overpriced piece of rubber. It does its job, but for the price, why not go with the Switcheasy Rebel? I just ordered it to replace this case.

3. jesses macrumors regular

jesses

Got the black and white one for $20 at Target. I love it. Not bulky at all.

4. wywern209 thread starter macrumors 65832

wywern209

don't want something overly bulky and i don't drop things too much so i figure il be fine and if u have the rebel, i heard u can't put shields onto it and that the case is a scratch magnet. anyways, are there any good silicone cases out there?

5. Impulses macrumors newbie

I can give you a brief synopsis of my experience with it so far... I'm sure you can find pics of it elsewhere, or else just stroll down to a Best Buy/Circuit City and look at the box (comes in a transparent one)... Unless there's a particular detail you're looking to find pics about, I could snap one up if you really want. It comes in a few other colors btw (see Belkin's site), the red/black is the most widely available one at retail right now though.

Anyways, originally I wasn't actually gonna get any kind of case for my iPod... Even though I always had a plastic/cloth case for my previous player (a 5GB Rio Carbon, which is kinda puck-shaped, like a rounder 3rd gen nano). I didn't see the need for it, I'd always keep it in my pocket or inside a small camera pouch inside a backpack. :rolleyes:

After owning it for about a week I went and checked out the Belkin case at the store though, took it out of the box and tried it out... And I liked it. Main reason why I went to check it out was that the iPod felt kinda slippery naked, and I was begining to see some very tiny scuff marks on the metal back (from putting it on semi-rough surfaces, etc).

With the case it's not only easier to hold unto, but it slides around a lot less in my pocket (doesn't randomly turn sideways anymore)... Plus, I find the volume buttons much easier to press with the case, you'd figure it'd be the other way around but the extra rubber padding (it has two bumps where the buttons are) actually makes it easier to find and press those skinny buttons. :cool: I can be a lot less wary of where I place it as well.

So there you have it, the thing looks nice, and there's several upsides to it with no real downside... Yeah it's a bit pricey, I remember seeing Griffin or some other company selling a dual-pack of a similar silicone case (each a different colors) for the 1g touch for the same price... But whatever, those were solid-color versions, this one looks kinda original with the two tones (even if a lot of people are gonna wind up with the black/red one, heh, mine matches my red camera pouch ;) ).

What would you do with two of 'em anyway? Oh and it doesn't feel like it'll stretch out or lose it's shape (and it does have a lifetime warranty). Personally, it's exactly what I needed/wanted. A hard case would probably not be as nice to hold unto and would likely add more bulk than I want, I doubt they offer much more protection anyway. I've considered a screen protector but I haven't bothered with one yet.

P.S. I've seen one other silicone case for the 2g, can't remember if it was Griffin or DLO... The only real difference is the other one came with a screen protector, and it wrapped around the bottom front (actually covering the home button, with an indentation for it). I think the Belkin one looks cooler, that other one does come with a screen protector for the same price though.

If you search on iLounge you'll probably find a review of both, I think that's where I saw the other one to begin with. Edit: Okay, that was a not-so-brief synopsis. :p

6. wywern209 thread starter macrumors 65832

wywern209

lol! yeah, thats not brief :p but i guess ill get that case in conjunction with a power support anti glare film when i get my own 16gb touch for xmas!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D im feeling rly smiley all of a sudden.lol

7. biikman macrumors regular

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/re...licone-sleeve-for-ipod-nano-4g-ipod-touch-2g/

for mine, I got the 2-pack all black, and all white at target for 19.99