Case scratches phone??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Duncanator, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

So since I have had my iP7+ I have used a UAG and Apple case. Yesterday I took my phone out of the Apple case to put on a tempered glass screen protector and noticed the metal, or plastic, trim between the screen and aluminum back had scratches on it. I have not dropped the phone nor were they there when I purchased the phone. I am assuming some debris in one of the cases caused it. Anyone else have this issue?

2. kvlq macrumors member

My 6s has been also scratched, even if it was in case from day 1. So i decided to keep my new 7+ naked.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not a new problem. I see it reported all the time by people who use cases.

It's another reason I do not use them.

4. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

I have since decided to go partially naked. Keeping a screen protector on but no longer using a case.

5. Hooterville macrumors 65816

Hooterville

Are these scratches on the front, sides or back of the phone?

6. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Scratches from cases can be the culprit with an iPhone. I'm usually use my iPhone naked without any case. Although, I'm also very careful with my iPhone.

7. Rootus macrumors 6502

Get a little dirt beneath the case and it will scratch the hell out of the phone. I only use a case because Apple refuses to make a phone that doesn't slide right out of my hand. Even in jet black, it's just too slippery. Form over function.

8. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Front. The aluminum casing is not scratched just the little barrier between the screen and the aluminum body.

9. ivigbash macrumors newbie

ivigbash

Micro particle may get between the case and the phone which leads to scratches. So use a protector like the one from the Gadgetshieldz to avoid these kind of issues.

10. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

Can you post a picture? that plastic border is so thin I'm having a hard time imagining it looking scratched.