Case/Screen Protector for new iPhone?

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
So I plan on pre-ordering the new iPhone when its available. Knowing that, I want to be prepared with a screen protector/case. I'm leary buying a case this early, so I'm thinking of getting just a pouch and/or sleeve to protect my phone until I find a case I like. With that said, my mind goes to screen protectors. What do you guys recommend?

I had a Zagg shield on my Droid and it kept on lifting up on the corners. So I took it off, now I have lovely scratches on my phone. I do not want that to happen to my new iPhone. I haven't had an iPhone since the first one, so its been about 4 years. I don't know how the screen is with glare. I can't stand the glare on my current phone. Is there a screen protector that cuts the glare?

I do understand that cases/screen protectors probably wont be available for the new iPhone immediately. I guess what I'm asking is, what are you guys going to do during the first few weeks with regards to a case/screen protector? Just looking for ideas.

TIA!

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
If you don't mind taking a knife to your device, go to a craft store and get clear contact paper. Cut it into a square and place it over the device, not SLOWLY cut around the glass. Then cut out the speaker and home button hole. This is how I rocked my Note before screen protectors were readily available.

As for the case, there may be one or two available. Baby it if you don't have one