Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Case/Screen Protector for new iPhone?

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
So I plan on pre-ordering the new iPhone when its available. Knowing that, I want to be prepared with a screen protector/case. I'm leary buying a case this early, so I'm thinking of getting just a pouch and/or sleeve to protect my phone until I find a case I like. With that said, my mind goes to screen protectors. What do you guys recommend?

I had a Zagg shield on my Droid and it kept on lifting up on the corners. So I took it off, now I have lovely scratches on my phone. I do not want that to happen to my new iPhone. I haven't had an iPhone since the first one, so its been about 4 years. I don't know how the screen is with glare. I can't stand the glare on my current phone. Is there a screen protector that cuts the glare?

I do understand that cases/screen protectors probably wont be available for the new iPhone immediately. I guess what I'm asking is, what are you guys going to do during the first few weeks with regards to a case/screen protector? Just looking for ideas.

TIA!

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
If you don't mind taking a knife to your device, go to a craft store and get clear contact paper. Cut it into a square and place it over the device, not SLOWLY cut around the glass. Then cut out the speaker and home button hole. This is how I rocked my Note before screen protectors were readily available.

As for the case, there may be one or two available. Baby it if you don't have one

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.