Case, skin, bumper or nothing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrdm, Mar 14, 2015.

?

Case, skin, bumper or nothing?

1. Nothing

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. Case

42 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Bumper

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Skin

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. mrdm macrumors regular

Curious - how you are rocking your 6 or 6+? Why?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Case. I feel this is the best way to protect my phone.

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I've used Apple's leather case on my 6 but on my 6 Plus I need something grippier so I just bought this very thin silicone case that adds very little thickness to the phone but gives it a good amount of grip. Surprisingly well made for a $5 case.

Iphone 6 Plus Case, Ostrich® [Clear Cushion] Iphone 6 Plus (5.5 Inc... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QLVWNXO/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_gstbvb1JQAGNW

4. asfalloth macrumors member

asfalloth

Gold iPhone 6 Plus.
    Tried Full Body Ghost Armor first, but didn't really like the feel of the screen at that point so took it off.
    So now just using a cheap Spigen screen protector and rotating through three cases, Tech21, Apple Leather and Apple Silicone.

5. Ries macrumors 68000

6. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Well, I put nothing, but I use an Apple leather case twice a week when I go to school.

Other than that I go nude.

7. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

"Rocking" a Caudabe Veil XT. A case that's as thin as a skin and feels like nothing. :)

8. RossMak macrumors 6502

RossMak

I use my 6+ as it comes. I don't like cases how they feel or how they look.

I tried to use a bumper on iPhone 4 when they gave them away for free but that lasted about a day and a half.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Tech 21 case...D30 armor FTW. A couple of drops on cement and it's fine.

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray
    Caudabe Veil Wasp Color

11. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I have both the apple leather case and the silicone version for my 6 plus. I started with the leather case, but it became too slick over time. I dropped it several times which one of those resulted in scratch by the headphone jack. Mind you, I've very careful with my phone... but still dropped it because it was too slick. Since then I've moved back to the silicone and I appreciate how much more grip it provides. I did the whole skin with BSE and liked the look of it, but didn't provide the grip I needed. From now on, it's silicone for me.

12. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

On my iPhone 6 right now is the black leather case. Love the feel of it. If I go for the protection as far as bulkier case, I have the black i-blason case to which I removed the dumb screen protector, case looks better without it.

13. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

same here.

14. Attonine macrumors 6502a

I usually use nothing, but the 6 seems more delicate, so have gone with the Apple leather case.

15. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

iPhone 6plus
    Spiegen glass tr screen protector
    Multiple cases but the incipio dual pro is my favorite

16. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have the 6, and from day one there has not been a case on it. I'm not a big fan of cases (no matter how thin they are).

17. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Case, case, case. Always a case. Magpul in my case for the 6+.

18. wxman2003 Suspended

I have tried a few cases, but in the end, my phone goes naked. There is not a case out there that doesn't make the iPhone look butt fugly.

19. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Apple's leather case on my 6 Plus. I have never liked bulky cases and I have yet to drop an iPhone hard enough and at the right angle to shatter the glass (knock on wood). It's mainly just for scratch protection as I have ZAGG's Glass on the front of the phone. Same set up I had with my 5s.

I was at the mall a few days ago though and ZAGG has a bumper for the 6 and 6 Plus called the Orbit. It looks a lot like the one for the iPhone 4/4s which I like and I'm considering picking it up.

20. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Apple silicon case. Way too slippy with my arthritic hands--:)

21. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Case. Always went skin up 'til now, but a fall that put a dent in my iphone 5 bezel convinced me to go case. That, and I don't like the protruding camera on the 6, and a case eliminates the issue.

22. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I use my 6+ naked almost all the time. But, I did recently buy a Rhinoshield Crash Guard bumper case after watching David Pogue's video review where he is unable to break the screen on his iPhone, even after slamming it onto the ground as hard as he could from 15 ft in the air. I use it when I go hiking, to the gym, or out anywhere more than one or two drinks are going to be had (pretty much anytime a drop is more likely than usual). I'm still amazed a mere bumper case can provide that much protection and a bumper is much more acceptable to me than a full case for those times when I need a little extra security.

23. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

No case. Takes away from the sleekness of the phone. It is going to get scratched one day. It's inevitable. Just enjoy the damn phone

24. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I like the apple leather case. I use that 90% of the time.

The other 10 either naked or a day one thin bumper case I have.