Case/sleeve for the iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by zeppelinpage4, Aug 1, 2009.

1. zeppelinpage4 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, one more quick question concerning my new iTouch.

I am almost scared to take this thing out of the house without some sort of protection but right now i'm not sure what to go with.

I bought an inexpensive 3-pack of silicone sleeves from Griffin but it looks like they only protect the back and front edges of the iPod.

However that leaves the whole front of the screen open. I'm reluctant to get an adhesive film in case it leaves residue but my old iPod nano used to have a case that covered the whole iPod and if I wanted to use it I could remove the front bit to reveal the screen and controls.
    Is there anything like that for the iTouch?

Thanks. :)

Also would these silicone sleeves alone work out okay? I plan on keeping this in my pocket or bag so the screen might still get scratched.

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

First whats an iTouch?:D

But if you mean an iPod Touch I dont think they make a case that covers the entire iPod Touch since the screen is everything.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First, the mods have told us not to bug people about what they choose to call their device.

@OP, you could get screen protectors. A lot of them adhere to the screen with static, not adhesives, so no residue. There are also cases that cover the whole ipod. Typically, such cases have a clear front through which you can manipulate the touch screen. There are also folio or wallet-type cases that cover the front while the ipod is in your pocket/purse/bag. Just do a google search for "ipod touch case" and you'll get a whole lot of options.

4. zeppelinpage4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, I think it's the folio or wallet type I had wanted.
    Before I read your posts, I was searching "iTouch" with very few results...:p

The suggestion helped a ton though and it's opened up some good options.

There is one case I read about on here which I couldn't find though. It was a regular silicone case but they included a clear plastic add on that could snap onto the silicone to cover the screen when you were storing the ipod Touch and you could take the plastic cover off when you needed to use the screen.
    I forgot the company that made it though and couldn't find the link again, if anyone knows which case I am talking about i'd really appreciate some info. on where I could get it.

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i suggest getting a power support antiglare or glossy screen protector, if installed properly, u can't even see them there and they do a great job of protecting your touch. fora case, i would get a folio case or something like the sena cases if you like something soft. if you are looking for a hard case, get the incase slider, its a bit expensive but nice. if u are going to go for ultimate blast proof protection, then get the rebel touch case.

6. zeppelinpage4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, thanks for all the recommendations, if you take the screen protectors off do they leave any scuffs or marks on the ipod Touch screen? I"m looking at the basic static cling ones without adhesives.

As for the cases right now the Belkin Leather Folio Case is probably gonna be the right one for me since I can slip it in my pocket or a bag and not worry about keys or change damaging the device.
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Leather-Folio-touch-Chocolate/dp/B000WKQXWC

The only problem is that those are for the 1G Touches and I have a 2G one, would it matter for the leather case?
    I didn't really like these made for the 2G
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Leather-Folio-touch-Black/dp/B001GEY0Y6

Lastly what about this one? If I don't get a Folio case this seems like the next best alternative cause of the screen cover.
    http://www.iskin.com/touchduo/

Thanks again guys, this forum has been invaluable for an iPod noob such as myself.

7. G4-power macrumors 6502

G4-power

After using couple of iPod touches with and without screen protectors, I've noticed that it's simply quite impossible to get a scratch on the screen. A clear or anti-glare film of course protects it "in case something happens", and might be easier to clean from fingerprint smudges. I was disappointed however, about how the Power Support anti-glare film decreased the quality of the display. It made everything look a tiny bit blurry, just like you'd have switched to a lower resolution. And it didn't work that well in the anti-glare part either. My recommendation is to get some protection for the metal back and sides, like an invisibleshield to prevent scratches, or a silicone case if you're worried you might bump your iPod into something. The glass screen is virtually unscratchable.

8. atwell macrumors newbie

Get the griffin iclear case, it comes with a screen protector and a cleaning cloth. I have been using a personalized silicone Gamefacez iPod case which includes a screen protector, microfiber cleaning cloth.