Case/Sleeve/Pouch Suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KapitanIksrog, Nov 16, 2008.

1. KapitanIksrog macrumors regular

Hi -

I am a Mac convert as of 2 weeks ago. I am absolutely loving my new MBP (Late 08). This morning, to my horror, I saw my cat perched on my closed MBP that I had left on my coffee table for a few minutes. Luckily there were no scratches or other damages. Now, while I don't think this happens very often, who knows what happens when I am not home...

I am looking for a case or a sleeve that is very basic (no zippers, no plastic reinforcement, etc.). I saw some Neoprene cases but again that looks to be more than I want. I think the sleeve that comes with the original PSP probably best describes what I want if that helps. Basically I want to be able to slide it in and out quickly when not in use. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Here is the PSP pouch if anyone is unfamiliar with it: http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Pouch-Wrist-Strap-Sony/dp/B0007V46IE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1226894348&sr=8-2

thanks --

2. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Leave it to a stupid cat to find a $2000 electronic mat to sleep on.

Take a look at Applesac. www.applesac.com

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I just ordered a colcasac from applesac, I can't wait till it gets here, they look really nice

4. south8212 macrumors 6502

5. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

6. south8212 macrumors 6502

Yes thats what im using mine with. They have them for the new models.

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Oh I see that in the drop down. Hmm...anybody have any higher res pics than on their web site?

8. echo3uk macrumors newbie

I really want a Noreve case, their 15" leather sleeve is designed to exactly fit the old MBP, they get great reviews and I think are beautiful (this one is sandy vintage leather)
    [​IMG]
    Until they make one that fits properly though, I may get one of the peach skin lined cases from Wrappers

[​IMG]

Their alacantra ones look nice, but pricey.

Have a search on the Macbook thread, there are a few links on there that also have products for the MBP. Quite a few people seem to be aiming for the Incase neoprene sleeve.

[​IMG]

Although the unibody is a different size, it seems to fit, but has a little extra room.

Decisions, decisions....

9. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

KI I think this is getting closer:

[​IMG]

I am hoping crumpler will make wider 15w sleeves soon as this size barely fits the new MBPs.

10. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

echo3uk, I think the Incase sleeve you linked to best matches the OP's question in this thread so far. I might go for this one myself... I got an email back from someone at Crumpler to say they have no idea if/when there will be new sizes.

11. echo3uk macrumors newbie

I agree. I'm sure by January there will be lots to choose from, but I really want some protection for my shiny new baby now. Having a hard time choosing though. The incase looks like the right product, but the wrong size :(

12. south8212 macrumors 6502

The incase fits the width of the mbp perfectly. There is a little room in the height but its nothing to worry about. Also, the inner lining is about the best you will find.