Case that completely covers bottom?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PlayHard, Jul 3, 2011.

1. PlayHard macrumors member

I've done some searching but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I don't necessarily need a fully water proof case but I need something that covers the bottom as much as possible.

I just went through this ordeal with the Apple store because my button stopped working. The first time I took it in, they said it needed to be restored, which they did and they did some calibrations and it was working within spec. (They did check for water and only said there was some dust.) It kept getting worse so I took it back in and this time the girl immediately said it was water damage. It didn't matter that before they didn't find any water damage it has it now. Then she went on to lecture me how I must have put it in water or spilled something on it. (I totally baby this thing. It doesn't even go in the bathroom when I shower so it doesn't get moisture.) Anyway, after the long lecture, she condescendingly offered to do me a big, one time only favor and give me a replacement. (Yeah, she waited for me to kiss her ring, but whatever.)

Anyway, I got my phone so now I just need a better case so I don't have to deal with that stupid store again. I can't find any that covers the bottom completely (which is where she said the damage is.) I saw the Lifeproof ones but they're not available and after reading posts, i'm concerned about the sensitivity of the screen. (I do put a protector on the front and back of my phone that seems to work great.) I just need something for the bottom. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

2. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Switcheasy cases include a bottom port cover. Otterbox defender and Comuter have port covers also. And SGP sells optional covers for their Neohybrid series.

3. PlayHard thread starter macrumors member

I think the Switcheasy is what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot!