Case that doesn't cover the rounded edges?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Presonance, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Presonance macrumors regular

Presonance

I love the feel of edge swiping on the curved glass, but I think I should be using a case. Anyone know of any cases that maintain the smooth edge swipe feel?

2. DeltaHF, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

DeltaHF macrumors member

I was just about to post this exact question as a new thread; I love the way the edge of the glass feels on the 6 and I really am worried about losing that when I get a case.

Does anyone have suggestions?

EDIT: To answer my own question, I found some cases which do seem to expose the rounded edges of the glass, just slightly, in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776401

I wish there was a case which wrapped around the four corners of the phone enough to hold the screen off the surface of a table when in the face-down position, yet fully exposed the curved glass on the side edge.

3. Presonance thread starter macrumors regular

Presonance

Thanks for responding!

This is exactly what I was imagining as well. I think cases like this will come eventually. It's just a matter of waiting... which is the hard part.

4. mhdena macrumors 6502

The case with the best feel in hand will no doubt be the Apple leather case.

It won't safeguard from a 2 story fall, but from waist height should be OK.

5. nathan3089 macrumors newbie

http://www.mod-3.com

This case looks beautiful but the problem I have seen is that the aluminium actually scratches the corners(at least on the iPhone 5 version).

Will have to see when people get them.

6. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I'm also looking for this type of case that still offers lip protection :(

7. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I mentioned this in another thread, but the Switcheasy numbers case provides a small lip and does not cover the rounded edges. Although not identical to not having a case at all, I still am able to feel the roundness of the edge of screen.