Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Case that doesn't cover the rounded edges?

Presonance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
I love the feel of edge swiping on the curved glass, but I think I should be using a case. Anyone know of any cases that maintain the smooth edge swipe feel?

DeltaHF

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
I was just about to post this exact question as a new thread; I love the way the edge of the glass feels on the 6 and I really am worried about losing that when I get a case.

Does anyone have suggestions?

EDIT: To answer my own question, I found some cases which do seem to expose the rounded edges of the glass, just slightly, in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1776401/

I wish there was a case which wrapped around the four corners of the phone enough to hold the screen off the surface of a table when in the face-down position, yet fully exposed the curved glass on the side edge.

Last edited:
Comment

Presonance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Thanks for responding!

I wish there was a case which wrapped around the four corners of the phone enough to hold the screen off the surface of a table when in the face-down position, yet fully exposed the curved glass on the side edge.

This is exactly what I was imagining as well. I think cases like this will come eventually. It's just a matter of waiting... which is the hard part.

Comment

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
The case with the best feel in hand will no doubt be the Apple leather case.

It won't safeguard from a 2 story fall, but from waist height should be OK.

Comment

nathan3089

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
http://www.mod-3.com

This case looks beautiful but the problem I have seen is that the aluminium actually scratches the corners(at least on the iPhone 5 version).

Will have to see when people get them.

Comment

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm also looking for this type of case that still offers lip protection :(

Comment

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I mentioned this in another thread, but the Switcheasy numbers case provides a small lip and does not cover the rounded edges. Although not identical to not having a case at all, I still am able to feel the roundness of the edge of screen.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.