Case that protects the lens?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajo, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Jan 28, 2006
    Is there any case that protects the lens well.

Im thinking of getting a 4S and looking at my 4 the camera lens is a little scratched. I don't think its enough to affect the photos, but still.

2. JayJayJay macrumors member

Nov 19, 2011

The Seidio Convert has a wonderfully designed, retractable (quickly) lens protector.
  3. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2006
    Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    How are the ion4, the Magpul, Otterbox, and mophie with the lens cover? I think I've read the mophie affects pictures when the flash is used.
  4. yensteel, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011

yensteel macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2009
    I just found out that the most ideal case for protecting the iPhone in a slim form factor is the Clarifi from Griffin, However, It's only available for the 3g/3gs iPhone. :(

Any cases similar to this are appreciated!
  5. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Nov 2, 2011
    When you say "lens cover" do you mean an actual protective barrier that COVERS the lens? Or do you just mean a case that protects AROUND the camera/flash area?
  6. OneMike macrumors 603

Oct 19, 2005
    I've been using an otterbox or the most part and they provide a good amount of protection. The lens doesn't have anything specifically covering it, but with the design. Other then directly nothing can get in.
  7. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2010
    I would fear that if you did find a case that protected the lense, that the pictures wouldn't be very good (clouded).
  8. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2010
    The iFrogz Bullfrogz case has a sliding piece that protects the lens when not in use.

The case overall is just ok though. Nothing special.