Case that won't damage the iphone3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Matt Gnarly, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Matt Gnarly macrumors member

I've read a lot about the various cases out there for the iphone, mostly the 2G and many from what I've read can scratch the phone which is counterproductive because I need a case to protect from scratches, not cause them. I want a Vaja case, but that'll take a while to get, so I'm looking for something temporary. Also which is the best screen protector available?
    Cheers and sorry if this has been asked.

2. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Do what I did. Put an invisible skin on it like the BSE (what I chose), BodyGuardz, or InvisibleShield and then put it in the case...it should protect it well.

I did this with mine and put it in a Contour Flick case for a couple of days. I then decided to reapply the BSE skin and found that there were dimples in the BSE skin caused by little ridges on in the inside of the back of the case. If I had no skin on it these were sharp enough that they would have no doubt scratched my phone. Instead just the skin got dimpled...and the phone was not touched at all thanks to the skin. I ended up smoothing out the ridges with a Dremel before putting the case back on.

The skin in that kind of tight fighting case means the case fits extremely snug (making it very difficult to remove). In looser fitting cases it should be no problem at all and should protect it extremely well.

As for screen protector, I use the power support crystal film...been using the same skin since about a week after I got the phone (got it july 14th) and have only a couple VERY minor hairline scratches on the film (not the iPhone glass). Nothing I notice on a regular basis...I have to look for them to notice them. It protects quite well.