Case to Protect 4S Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 0xygen, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 0xygen macrumors newbie

I got an iPhone 4S recently after previously owning a 3GS. I just had a clear case on my 3GS with one of the film screen protectors and dropped it a few times without any screen cracking.

The 4S however is incredibly slippery because of the glass backing and I know it's only a matter of time until I drop it.

I've been looking around for the best case to protect the screen for a while now and the general consensus is the OtterBox Defender but I'm just worried it might be too bulky to fit in my pocket.

I know the Commuter is less bulky but it doesn't add any screen protection other than the extremely thin rubber band does it?

I've also looked at the bumpers which seem pretty decent for protecting the screen from drops. Does anyone have the Tech21 Impact Band?

2. Online macrumors member

I use a Speck Candy Shell Grip. Works well and does not add to much bulk. The normal Candy Shell is not to bad also.

3. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Besides the otter box defender, the only other case I know with screen protection is the Lifeproof. It is also a bit bulky.

A better option would be to buy a separate screen protector. I like the green Onion oleophobic protectors. And Switcheasy cases.

4. 0xygen thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't mean those screen covers as such, I'm looking for one with a bit of padding or something on the front to prevent the screen from direct contact with the floor when dropped.