Case transfer? Need help!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dcase131, Dec 28, 2015.

1. dcase131 macrumors newbie

about to pull the trigger on a '09 eight core Mac Pro locally, issue is (per usual) pretty severe cosmetic damage to one of the top handles. I just so happen to have several first generation Mac Pro/G5 cases, couple of which are in amazing condition. Do components/mounting points line up enough that I can swap EVERY internal component into the first gen's case? Again the question here is not in my competency of the transfer, have great experience with PC building and case mods, currently on my third G4 conversion, have a G5 gutted and cutted ready for an ATX board once I'm done with the back plate insert etc.

Appreciate any and all info, tips, alternatives. If it requires entirely different standoffs if rather wait for a bett cond. 4,1 case to come along for slightly more money, but quite excited to get started

2. bokkow macrumors regular

bokkow

First gen Mac Pro case will not fit, totally different layout. You will need either a 4.1 or 5.1 case. It all comes down to how much this 8-core costs to decide if it is worth the hassle