Case w/ Built-In Amp/Speakers?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gern.Blanston, May 7, 2010.

1. Gern.Blanston macrumors newbie

I use my iPad all the time for movies and music, but I'm not a big fan of headphones. The iPad's internal speakers are OK, but the experience would be much more "immersive" if there were a pair of forward-facing speakers with the ability to play a little louder and deeper. I had always hoped someone would build a case for the iPhone that provided enhanced sound so that the device could be used like a miniature boom-box, but there were obvious space and power constraints. It seems to me that the iPad provides an opportunity for something similar.

For example, I'd love to be able to take the iPad to the gym, hang it on the treadmill or stationary bike, turn up the audio and work out. Ditto for watching movies with the iPad propped up on the coffee table or watching news in the kitchen, with the iPad hanging on a cabinet, safe from spills and splashes, and audible above the clatter and din of the kitchen fan, the sink, the dishwasher, etc.

I realize, of course, that I could pair the iPad with a pair of Bluetooth speakers or run a cord from the headphone jack or the dock connector to an external sound system, but there's a certain elegance in an all-in-one, transportable solution. Does anyone know of one?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Nothing like that exists at least to my knowledge. And I don't see anything like that ever being made.. You might want to go with a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.

3. Gern.Blanston thread starter macrumors newbie

Why don't you see anything like that ever being made?