Case washes out camera flash

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Luis Ortega, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I like to use a flap case on my iphone to protect the front glass as well as the sides and back, but I can't find a phone case that doesn't cause the flash to turn the photo flat and grey.
    When I take the same shot without a case, the flash works well but with the case on the photos are useless.
    I have tried to cut the lens/flash hole in the case bigger, but this didn't work.
    Can anyone suggest a case with a front flap that also allows the camera flash to work without interference?

2. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

3. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know that I need a larger camera/flash opening to avoid the flare and interference in the shot when the flash fires, but I can only find those in body cases.
    I want a flap case with a good rear opening for the flash and lens.

4. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

5. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

So I guess there really was a reason why Speck made their cutouts even bigger.

6. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

They've already enlarged them once. It used to be a form factor fitting at the back for Speck cases but ended up being more of an ovular/rectangle full cut-out around the camera. I don't think there was any necessity for further cut-outs.

7. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Eh. I actually like it lol. It looks different :p Is that weird?

8. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

I thought it looked nice, but protection wise, would it not let more things get under the case? :S

It doesn't worry me too much, I'll put on a full-body protector, but still...

9. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

I don't think so. it'll only hit the part thats exposed. But ill be using a back film too :]