Case? Which? Hmmmm

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stewartlittle, Sep 8, 2008.

1. stewartlittle macrumors regular

So i am going to add to the population of case threads. I have been looking at the elan form hardshell leather case, or the matte incase slider. I am not sure which to get. I am looking for a case that doesnt add too much bulk, but will mainly protect the plastic back of the 3g from getting scratched. I know the incase, has had some peeling problems at the beginning, but i am sure they are working on it, and if it goes bad, i can get it replaced. Has anyone tried the elan form by griffin? Linky http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/re...n-form-hard-shell-leather-case-for-iphone-3g/

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I had both cases, I preferred the Slider. The Elan is bulkier and did scratch my first Iphone, as it doesn't have the rubber guards.

The Slider is nicer in the hand, smaller and less likely to scratch your phone. A tip for slider cases is to blow them out good before removing the phone.

3. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Ferris, I have also been looking at the contour flick. I am not worried about dropping the phone, its more for scratch reduction. Thanks for the advice

4. reliantj macrumors 6502

god what the eff do people start new threads about old topics when they know there are older more informative ones out there already.

just go to effin youtube and look up AYOBONUS and itsmemorphious. they review various cases, skins, and screen protectors with detail and mostly no bias.

5. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

wow, settle there, if wanted to go on you tube, i would have, which i did, i came on here because i respect the opinion on here, this a critical bunch of people, in which is what i was looking for, why waste your time, posting and angry message.. calm down, its a forum,

6. reliantj macrumors 6502

cause you waste other's time reposting what they had already replied to.
    go respect their past suggestions and posts.

7. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

please post the link to a comparison of the contour flick, vs, elan form, vs, the incase slider. I couldn't find it. I have been in these forums for awhile, i know the search function. I had looked to find a review of the elan, couldn't find it. If i missed it, my appoligies, then send me in the right direction. Getting angry doesn't help you, me, or anyone else. Obviously i could have searched youtube and other spots, and so could any other person who has ever posted on macrumors. I chose to come here, as did you. So please lead me in the direction of the answer to my question, or move on. I have looked and i cant find it.

8. reliantj macrumors 6502

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

oh yeah don't complain that it's from youtube either.
    you get images/video so you can actually see what you're looking into and not just read about it.

10. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Sorry to get off topic, but what's up with the hostility? It's not like this guy is the first to ask a question that has been asked before and quite honestly his question seeking a comparison of the three I don't believe has been covered.

You could have just provided the links and been pleasant about it or in the alternative not responded to the thread.

11. reliantj macrumors 6502

yeah i could have.
    and yeah he could have just added to the numerous other threads.
    it wasn't a comparison of the three he was asking for originally just
    the elan and slider, which could've been responded to in the other
    threads just as others have been doing.

but i guess i could try one of your suggestions next time this
    problem comes along.
    hope the videos answered a few of the questions :D

12. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular

I agree with StoneColdSober, I don't understand why reliantj was so hostile, especially considering a he is a newbie, not that i have been here forever. But i mean, there are less angry ways to say that its been covered before. I guess i didnt come across well at the beginning, yes i was looking for a comparison, and at least ferris23 was helpful. But thanks for the videos relientj, more reference is always helpful, yes i was looking for macrumors community opinions, but videos help to. Thanks :)

13. reliantj macrumors 6502

no problem.
    i'm not a forum newbie. i guess i've been jaded by all the 'newbies' that do things that turn forums bad.
    but yeah i'll try to keep my aggravation at a minimum:p