Case with rubber bands in corners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SimonBS, May 5, 2012.

1. SimonBS, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012

SimonBS macrumors regular

SimonBS

Hi,

I am about to order a 15" MacBook Pro and I would like to order a case at the same time. I am looking for a case much like to BookBook by Twelve South.
    It should protect the MacBook for scratches and it should have rubber bands in the corners, so I don't have to take the computer out of the case.

Does anyone know of such a case?

I would love to own the BookBook. It's just a bit pricey :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not a good idea, and neither is leaving the Air in the BookBook while operating. Leaving it in the case blocks the airflow around the vents, which can increase temperatures. Any case you get should leave the vents exposed or should be removed during operation.

3. MadTester macrumors regular

MadTester

4. SimonBS thread starter macrumors regular

SimonBS

I'm sitting with my 13" MacBook Pro at the moment and I don't see any vents. Doesn't the MacBooks cool through the keyboard? That's what I thought, and if that's correct, it should be no problem to leave the MacBook in a sleeve or case.

Thanks for the link. First of all, it's great that it's not a US link. I live in Denmark and would prefer buying from UK or another European country. Else, I would have to pay huge taxes and what not.

The Speck looks fairly nice. I would just like a case which I could easily take off when working for hours. The reason I would like a case which can stay on, is because I travel a lot, so it's faster and easier to avoid scratches when the case is on but when working at home, I would prefer the MacBook to stay naked :)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no air intake or exhaust through the keyboard on any Mac notebook, and there never has been. Both intake and exhaust is through the vents in the rear near the hinge, which allows venting with the lid open or closed (for operating in clamshell mode). There is a solid panel under the keyboard, preventing any meaningful airflow.
    [​IMG]

6. MadTester macrumors regular

MadTester

SimonBS... I forgot to add that the Speck covers do come off as they clip on to the machine.... I use my 15"MBP for work and as I said it keeps it looking like it has just come out of the box when I remove the cover to give my machine a clean..... :D