case with smart cover but more protection?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by steve knight, Jun 30, 2012.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I would like something that has a fair amount of shock protection but has a smart cover. the survivor or defender seems a bit overkill but I would like more protection then the case apple makes.

2. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

perhaps the STM Grip?

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

that looks good. kind of lacking in colors but that seems typical. hard to find yellow or a bright blue or green. but looks like I can get it locally.

4. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

hmm yellow..there's the Ozaki icoat slim-y++ that comes in Yellow.. but I'm not sure what kind of yellow it is.. the first renders were a lemon yellow, but some of the newer ones show a mustard yellow. Ozaki is pricy but it has great stand options with its Y fold cover.

devicewear bridgeway has bright blue and green, no yellow but it has orange.

5. s2dio macrumors regular

s2dio

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I got one for my wife but it does not seem it would do much if you did even a light drop. some of the book type cases are nice and that may be the way I go.

7. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

well tried the STM skinny but it does not fold flat so you have a hump on the back and the flap you have tuck in is a pain. I wanted the grip but no one had it. tried the marware CEO hybrid it would have been nice but it was hard to close all of the way you had to squeeze the corners to get it shut.
    I settled on the incipio flagship folio http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Flagship-Folio-Brushed-Aluminum/dp/B007JGB1DI
    this a little more weight (that's my only complaint. but it is protective the stand and hinge are great it is easy to close and open though I see I paid a bit much locally for it.

8. docprego macrumors 65816

Just curious where you were able to purchase a flagship locally?

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

the mac store here in Portland oregon. they just got them in. I was exchanging and did not look at the price. 69.95.

10. docprego macrumors 65816

Interesting. Other than the Smart Cover and Case I haven't seen an iPad case at my local Apple store since the first generation iPad. I wonder if they are changing their tune?

11. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

12. docprego macrumors 65816

Oh, literally The Mac Store. Unfortunately we don't have anything similar here in Las Vegas.

13. jrtdot macrumors member

Anyone know anything of similar make and quality of this particular case, cannot find it for under $80-90 in Canada ?