Case with thicker lip than i-Blason?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Knightshade, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Knightshade macrumors member

Ok, so I currently have an i-Blason clear case on my iphone 6 Plus.

originally bought as a temporary case in hopes Speck would announce a Pixelskin HD case for the 6 series...(which they sadly haven't).

Turned out- I really liked the i-Blason case.

It added exactly the amount of grip I wanted,
    it added basically 0 bulk to the phone
    all the buttons worked great
    plenty of clearance for the lightning connector
    the back cutout comes above the camera lens
    it protects the top and bottom that for some weird reason other cases leave open entirely
    and the clear look looked good.

The only thing I don't like is the front lip is barely there so I'm not confident it's protective for lay-flat purposes.

So anybody got a suggestion for a case that's otherwise just as good in all the other ways I mention but also has a significantly better lay-flat lip?

2. toxicity033 macrumors member

the spigen air cushion & ringke are similar to the i-blason and both have a thicker lip.

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

The Spigen is noticeably thicker. Not huge or anything but thicker. If I had received the Spigen first or as my only case it would not have bothered me. Since I received the thinner i-Blason case first I was able to tell the difference. I installed the Spigen only to take it off and put in away for now. Not sure I will even use it. I may order another i-Blason case for the future.

I do know what you mean about the front lip. It almost does not have one. I have made an effort to only lay my phone on its back and I tell myself the case is for scratch protection and not drop protection. I treat it as if I have no case at all.