Case with Wrist Strap?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dezlboy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dezlboy macrumors regular

Any recommendations for a case with a wrist strap? The purpose of the strap (elastic?) is to prevent the phone from hitting the ground when you "drop" it. The case would be one that is "permanent" - meaning not one that you have to take the phone out of to use.

Some cellphones have a place for a clasp/lanyard to hook onto.

Thanks

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

That's actually a scary idea, you want your iPhone (in a case) which is tied up with an "elastic wrist strap" so in case it'll fall - it won't hit the ground(?) Does that mean the strap is always tied up to you? I also don't like the idea of having a permanent case covering the iPhone that you have to remove prior to use, that will hamper incoming text/calls IMO. Besides, that's the time when your iPhone will really drop - when you are removing it out of the case :p

4. Dezlboy thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Rayfire,

I wouldn't use a case that you have to take the iPhone out of. I meant a case like the Incase Slider which "wraps" the iPhone. The case you have a "place" where a short lanyard (elastic strap?) could attach. That way if the phone slipped out of your hand, it would only fall as far as the strap would allow it to. If you don't want to use the strap, you just don't attach it to the phone. Or allow it to "dangle", but not around your wrist.

I walk my dog and talk on my phone, and drop it way too much. At least it's not an iPhone yet.

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Oh I get it now, I have the wrong impression of your "permanent" case. I haven't seen a case yet that you're looking for though.

6. kicko macrumors 65816

solution

iphone in pocket, or belt clip + bluetooth ear piece = no dropped iphone while you walk the dog.

7. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

8. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    that looks like a good option.....