Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ivanwi11iams, May 15, 2016.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I'm new to MacBook. Just got a 13" retina, 8GB ram. And 128GB SSD.
    Does having a slim case on the device cause heat issues?

2. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I've read on a few forums, that since the slim case doesn't cover ports, it shouldn't cause an issue for heat.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Honestly, I don't understand why people buy covers for their laptops. Phones, yes, but they take more abuse. A laptop sits on your desk. Then you fold it up and put it in your bag.

Now I would recommend getting a briefcase or backpack with a dedicated padded laptop slot. Or getting a padded sleeve to carry around from place to place. But a cover is just a waste of $.

4. squarebreathing macrumors member

squarebreathing

Get a case. It has saved my rMBP from numerous dings and dents. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/Kuzy-Rubberized-MacBook-Display-VERSION/dp/B008AZYIKU

It will NOT cause overheating. I use my rMBP all the time and when it is not in use, I have it in a padded laptop case and carry it in my book bag. I'm in college and there have been numerous times where, even when being careful, I've hit it into desks, chairs, walls, you name it! The case has taken all the damage and left the macbook pro in excellent condition.

It also offers a layer of protection against accidental compression on the screen. The screen cover will take the brunt of this instead of the back of the macbook screen.

Also, the rubberized bottom portion keeps the computer from slipping around on the desk and makes it stay put while typing in your lap.

So many pros to getting a case. There is a megathread on this topic as well.