Casecrown Bold vs. Incase Book Jacket vs. Snugg

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by joesnewmatch, Mar 20, 2012.

1. joesnewmatch macrumors member

Like everyone else, I am still on the hunt for the right leather book style case for my New iPad.

I previously bought my Dad the Incase Book Jacket for his iPad2, and he loves it. My wife bought a Casecrown Bold (pink), and she loves hers.

I actually ordered what was supposed to be a black Casecrown from Amazon, on launch day, at half price, and just got it yesterday, from an Amazon sub-dealer. It came bent in half, smelled terrible, and I swear it had tobacco littered inside. The logo was also noticably absent from the cover, which makes me believe the dealer was pushing knock-off gear through Amazon. I'm returning it for a full refund.

Since I am starting over, I am wondering whether I should stick with a REAL Casecrown Bold (which has the stand sleave), get the slightly larger Incase book jacket (with the 3 stand spacers), or forget those and just go with the Snugg that is supposed to be made for the New iPad, with a working sleep magnet.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I am NOT interested in a hard shell or smart covers, so keep comments limited to variants of the book theme. Thanks!

2. TheSnugg1 macrumors newbie

The iPad3 case by Snugg has the new sleep/wake function, although the iPad2 case doesn't. Also, remember the iPad 3 is just that little bit thicker so buying an iPad2 case for it may not fit as perfectly as you want it to!
    I would generally recommend Snugg :)

Sorry to hear about your knock-off product though! :(

3. joesnewmatch thread starter macrumors member

Snugg1, thanks for the comment. I take it that you're with the company? Is Snugg going to be offering any of its iPad 3 cases in different colors, or without the white stitching any time soon?