Casecrown glider - okay with back protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lyceumHQ, Jun 18, 2011.

1. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

As the title really. Ordered a casecrown glider, but always had an SGP back and screen protector on my phone. I know it's not needed with a case, but they've been on there since I got it and never effected any case.

Reviews say the case is super tight and. Will I have to take the back shield off to prevent problems getting the case of?

2. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I own 3 glider cases and they don't work with a screen protector. The case just bows downward and doesn't slide on properly

3. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Thanks. I'll send it back then. No way I'm going with without a screen protector.

4. TheXFactor macrumors regular

It might work with your screen protector as the case sits on the lip of the silver band, not on top of the screen. As far as the back protector, not sure it will work. The case has a felt protection on the inside of the case to keep it from scratching the back of the phone. No question it's a snug fit.

5. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

This is correct. Because the case sits silver band, the lip that extends above the screen does not even touch the glass on the front. Any front screen protector will work with this case with no problems. However, the back protector may or may not work for you. I have used a Power Support back protector with a CaseCrown glider, but it was much more tough to put on and VERY hard to take back off. I know the protectors vary in thickness so I am not sure if it will or will not work with your SGP brand one. For me it was not worth it to keep the protector on because I tend to take my case on and off to clean the phone and it was much easier to get on and off without the back protector. The glass is laying on soft felt inside the case so its not a concern for me.

6. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Case arrived today.

Got it on the phone by putting the bottom part on first, super tight fit.

Since there's felt on the back I took it off and took the back shield off.

Love the case so far. Super thin, barely adds any bulk at all, but good all around protection. Love it.

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

which color did u get? i just ordered the metallic black and white off amazon for a sweet price...did a combo package with SP for front and back (just really wanted the extra back protectors)

i went with this deal instead of one white incase slider (didn't wanna give up using a front protector), plus i'm getting 2 cases for the price of 1 :eek:

post pics :D

8. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I went with the matallic black too. No deals on when I ordered but the're only £8 on amazon.co.uk so can't complain.

Going to order the blue one too I think.

Only camera I have is on my phone, will grab a friends and get some pics up.

You'll love it. I have tried about 20 cases, gliders, shells, tpu, silicone. This is my favourite by far.

Well, I loved the SGP hybrid neo matte. But the back silicone started to sag so I had to change. Glad I did. Love the casecrown.

9. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Thanks for the response. I went with the glider because I still wanted to use a front protector.

Don't stress the pics, I'll take some for everyone to see once my cases come :D

10. Darthsat macrumors newbie

You guys mention the super tight fit. I am considering this case for a white Verizon iPhone. Will the white iPhone's extra thickness be too much for this case?

11. TheXFactor macrumors regular

We have 2 of the casecrown gliders. The metallic silver and the metallic blue. Love em.

12. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I have a friend who uses a red metallic one with his white VZW iPhone and no problems