CaseCrown Glider vs. Incase Slider (iPhone 4) Video

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scarboy6693, Sep 14, 2010.

1. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Hey Everybody,

So Some of you may have heard of the "Glider" from CaseCrown. Its basically a slider style case that the company is selling for about $16 Shipped. I got their Red one and I also have an Incase Slider, So I made a Video Comparing the two. There's no winner or anything, just really pointing out differences

Here's the Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VDEQN0LSg4

Note: The Video Just Uploaded so Its still Processing. Its not too long, so it shouldn't take too long to process :)

Also Check Out some of my Other Videos
    Incase Slider (Gun Metal) Review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSF49gXnwFw

Top 5 iPhone 4 Cases - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNzIau3WQfA

2. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. threezero macrumors 6502

i'm watching your top 5 video. You are WAAAY too close. Might want to zoom out a bit :)

4. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I know, That's why with this I'm trying new Angles with the Camera. Cuz in That Video, that's zoomed out all the way :p

5. w4rmk macrumors regular

Does the case crown have the soft touch material like the Incase does? I hate the soft touch material on the Incase and as of right now the only Slider you can buy without the soft touch is the white one, which is a glossy finish.

6. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

It depends on what slider you buy. They sell 2 kinds. Polycarbonate and Metallic. Polycarbonate is the soft touch one and metallic ones are glossy. Both are available in like 5 colors each. But the metallic one is $5 Cheaper. If you Use Coupon code MEM20OFF then u get the metallic one for $12 shipped

7. bklam macrumors regular

I love my casecrown slider so much i just ordered my second one. It beats the crap out of the incase slider. I can use my sgp screen protector with it, i couldn't with the incase. For 7 bucks, hell, i can but 5 of then for the price of 1 incase.

8. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Do you think it will work with a screen protector?

9. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

The Slider doesn't unless you have that new ZAGG Front piece. The Casecrown doesn't even touch the top edge of the glass, so there is nothing in the case that would hit the screen shield

10. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Thats what I meant sorry the Casecrown. I have the Incase and it doesnt work. So the Casecrown will work? What new Zagg piece will allow the Incase to work?

11. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Best Buy has this new Thinner zagg front made to work with any case and people have confirmed it works with the slider. The casecrown works perfectly, like I said, the case doesn't touch the screen area

12. arcturuz macrumors member

so much for so called protection when the casecrown doesn't evenprotect the top edges of the screen.

might as well spend your money on snap on cases instead

13. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Granted the edges aren't raised as high as they should be, but at least screen protectors work. Plus if you get the Glossy Slider and Use the coupon code MEM20OFF, you get it for around $12, which is $8 cheaper than most snap on cases