Casecrown sent out an email about their mistake

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bhsu21, Sep 22, 2012.

1. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

Just got this...

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope this email finds you well.

It has come to our attention that the Casecrown Lux Glider Case unfortunately has a defective fit issue.

The fitment issues have been discovered with the iPhone 5 device and our cases as the felt lining inside the case is too thick.

If you not already done so, please do not place the case on your iPhone 5, as it may be excessively difficult to remove the case.

We have two options that we can offer you at this time:

1. We can send you a new case that will fit correctly with the iPhone 5 with USPS Priority Shipping (2-3 business days) at no additional cost.

The new cases have all been tested and we can confirm that they fit properly with the iPhone 5.

2. Receive a full refund; the defective case does not need to be returned.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

We once again apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we will do our best to make sure errors like this do not occur in the future.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your patience with us and we hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Best Regards,

Luna
    CaseCrown Support
    www.casecrown.com

I did try to remove it and the top part is very tight. But I requested another one to be sent.

2. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Ouch! Thats going to be an expensive mistake! I'd get a refund and go elsewhere!

3. meoryou5688 macrumors member

4. tcung82 macrumors member

Damn I purchased this case a couple of days ago too! It's actually still en route to me as I type, but I just sent Casecrown an email to initiate a full refund. I hope the respond soon.

5. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I ordered one as well not sure if its the glider, is the sapphire blue a glider case? Just got it In the mail

6. djuzi05 macrumors regular

I got the case last week and it's very tight but I was able to get it off. I still like the way it looks and requested the corrected case.

7. luke707 macrumors member

Good customer service.

I wonder if the lack of felt on the sides will still scratch the edges though like one buyer on here mentioned.

8. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

my iPhone 4S case had no felt on the sides either and it never scratched at all..but with this problem with the iPhone 5 it may.

9. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I'm debating now about what to get next. I like this case and like that the bottom comes off making headphone access easier, but I'm liking the clear cases too.

10. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I ordered 2 of the non-glider versions, hopefully they fit fine. Should have them any day. I am guessing all is well, as I received no emails about it.

EricE

11. Joalabear macrumors member

Aww shucks. I ordered one a couple of days ago too :(

12. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I might see if they will send me the snap on case instead. I can't charge or plug headphones into the slider without removing the bottom. That's no problem if I'm just sitting around, but it's a pain for on the go.

13. sabu213 macrumors newbie

I have the Yellow glider on. I had never used a case like this before and i thought it was a little tough to get on and remove but it works fine. Everything is snug but i dont know if its suppose to fit that way or not. Ordered 2 more today. "black" is showing out of stock

14. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Great customer service. Owned up and provided great options.

15. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

16. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Well, wish I had read this about 3 hours ago, before I put mine on. My red one was ordered Wednesday and showed up today.

I do not have the email from them though.

...Hmmm

17. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

A big mistake that could've been prevented with some patience. I guess that's a risk they thought they could take.

18. nws0291 macrumors 6502

Must be a bad batch on only the LUX model glider. I have a Cali glider and Bonbon glider and both fit perfect. They slide on easy and I also have Spigen screen protectors on both.

19. irulan macrumors newbie

I received my case on Friday, but am very wary about putting it on now. I haven't received an email, either.

20. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

wvuwhat,

Maybe they had caught it by Wed? Was it quite hard to put on and even harder to take back off?
    The red is pretty though, eh?

21. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

The red looks great. Almost a dead on match to the National's red and that's what I was going for.

It was a little tough to put on, but I've never had a slider type case. So, I can't really comment on that.

22. chele519 macrumors regular

I had already emailed them for a return authorization before the email came in. I know the normal policy is that they don't refund shipping but I just sent them an email about it. Their email says those who don't want the updated one will get a full refund, not sure if that means shipping also, but it should.

When I got the case and started to put it on it seemed very tight and I was afraid it was going to scratch so I never put it on completely. I decided to return it and went out and got a Speck so I have no need for their corrected version. If I had received the email before shipping it back, I might have reconsidered and had them ship the updated case. I'm hoping they will refund my shippin in light of the problems.

23. verdi1987 macrumors regular

I got the e-mail too late (Saturday) — the day after I installed it. It was extremely difficult to put on. I honestly don't know how I'll ever remove it when it comes time to resell the phone. I'm quite unhappy about the situation. I opted for the refund because I don't want to attempt to remove the case.

I e-mailed customer support inquiring if they had any recommendations for removing the faulty case. They simply responded with the same e-mail they sent announcing the defect.

I previously purchased the Elite Folio for my Retina MBP and am happy with it. It was the reason I decided to go with Casecrown for my iPhone 5 — my first case ever after owning iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4.

24. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Verdi,

It does come off, but it's not easy and takes patience. Basically, take off the bottom, then grasp the sides of the case at the top and the phone at the bottom. Very gently wiggle side to side applying pressure on the top away from the bottom. Eventually, you'll get it wiggled down enough to put a fingertip between the top of the phone and the case and then can push it off. I've taken mine off today for a trip to the Apple store and spouse's off to fix his screen protector.

25. verdi1987 macrumors regular