Casemachine Berlinetta Aluminum Case - Tough Install but Awesome Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by beaniemyman, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaniemyman macrumors 6502

I received my berlinetta case after 2 months pre order. I got it in Orange and Black with black liner.

Initial impression: The packaging was nice. See photos below. Thick card-like white iPhone box style packaging. The case came with an Ultra-Suede backplate and they threw in a white raised backplate (the stylish optional one) for delay in shipping. The milling is great and the anodizing is clean and no flashing detected.

Now here is the annoying part: The case took me 25 minutes to install. That’s right TWENTY FIVE MINUTES!!!! First, you gotta put on the rubber liner and position it just right as you put on the metal parts. The metal parts kept moving the rubber liner out of position (the most agitating part). After about 20 minutes of finagling I finally got the parts lined up perfect. Two parts get screwed in together with two screws and a fancy casemachine tool.

I must say this is a hot looking case and the design is unique. The best part is the button feedback and light feel of the berlinetta. I am happy with this case (even after it took half an hour to screw together) and think it’s one of the better aluminum cases in the market. I dont see any signal drops probably due to zero contact of case to the metal. Has anybody else tried the Berlinetta?Here are some pics of my Orange/Black:

:apple: Mark :apple:

Attached Files:

2. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Has anyone else received this case? What is the signal effect for you?

3. opinio macrumors 65816

Just wondering... what is special about it? Its rugged drop proof etc?

4. archrider, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

It's anodized Aluminum with a total coverage TPU liner, with the included back protection yes it's pretty rugged and the surface doesn't mar easily. It has a very crisp edged but lite feel. It says classy in it's look and feel. It has no marks like plastic injection molding bumps and imperfections.

The only thing I can't comment on is the impact on signal. if there is little to none I can't see a case available to match its looks and quality feel.

My opinion only of course.

Edit: It's electroplated not anodized, better yet, more durable

5. atl7187, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013

atl7187 macrumors newbie

I can't believe it actually took you 25 minutes, you must be exaggerating a bit. I don't think you actually had a timer running while installing that case now did you, no I don't think so. Lol, sorry for my sarcasm but I totally understand what you went through. My first time installing the Casemachine Berlinetta iPhone 5 case was the most frustrating thing I've ever had to install on my iPhone. It took me realistically about 10 minutes to install, but that's because I didn't read the instructions and decided to wing it. However, if you do follow the directions to the letter it's actually quite easy (well not too easy, more like manageable) to install. I can now install and remove the case under 5 minutes. I have the red and black Berlinetta case and it looks gorgeous, very different and unique like beaniemyman said.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

----------

Hey beaniemyman, so was your backplate made of plastic or was it like some kind of cheap sticker like mine?

6. tectronman macrumors newbie

Got this case as well. Here are my thoughts and Pics. Was $119.00, steep but well worth it IMHO.

I found it also extremely hard to install (maybe 15-20 mins) but man when you get it on, spectacular. I am sure once you put it on a few times, it gets easier. I found the bottom small parts that are above and below the speaker are the tough part when getting case together. I love the design and how it fits togerher, fits like a glove. It is probably worth mentioning that I also have a SPIGEN GlasTr (not the thin one) installed and works no problem with the case.

Here are some pics. I also saw a youtube video of the same color case (do not have link handy).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

Sorry but not my cup of tea. Ruins the lines of the iPhone. Looks like an Android phone now. Just my .02.

8. ngocnguyen macrumors member

so not Italian design...looks like an engineer or machinist "designed" it.

9. tectronman macrumors newbie

Who said Italian? Anyway from what I can tell it was designed by an Engineer who likes automobiles.

10. atl7187, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013

atl7187 macrumors newbie

Found the video link to that blue and silver berlinetta case. Nice pics tectronman! Seems like everyone is copying the Spigen and Casemachine combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.