cases and pouches - the dilema

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tulani, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

how much money have you thrown down the drain only to find after some usage that you still don't need them and want your phone naked?:eek:

2. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...too much to remember!!!

I am never satisfied with cases?! I have bought, Spigen cases, Speck, Element Case, Switcheasy and now I am using just a pouch...!!!!

Go figure.....?!:rolleyes:

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I've been pretty good about it actually. The only time I replace them is when they fall apart.

How's the pouch going?

4. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...yea - its good! I've settled with a 'Snugg' (as shown here : http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1713490&page=2) pouch, which has a magnetic part - which holds the flap onto the pouch to stop it flapping about!

This way, I can use my phone naked and keep it in the pouch when its not used!

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

That actually looks pretty nice. Does the little thing that lets you pull it out work well?

I want a pouch... For both my iPhone AND iPod Touch. :eek: Right now I just carry them both in my pocket. So essentially, I want another case for my iThings already in cases, heh.

6. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....yea - works well. Its a tight fit when you initially put your iPhone in but as the pouch stretches a little, it fits the phone just right. The pull tab is quite a tight pull as well - you need to grip it quite hard and give a firm pull on it for it to function properly.

The best thing I like is what I mentioned before - the fact that the pull tab is magnetized so that it sticks to the pouch. So many other pouches I had before (for my iPhone 4) all had the pull tab at the top - -you put the phone in and the tab just flaps about - not very nice...!!!

7. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I on purpose am just not going to use a pouch. I just keep telling myself it isn't worth it even though I really like the way the 5s looks.

Some nice clear cases out there on the cheap so that is what I am forcing myself to do. :)

9. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

This is exactly what I have done and I'm currently doing the pouch thing for a little while.

10. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

cases and pouches - the dilema

I love pouches. Except when I have a busy day with iMessage or another app. And then it's a pain pulling out the phone. I've lost the pouch doing that or dropped the phone.

Be careful with too snugly fitted pouches. A bit of dirt between the phone and pouch with scratch that phone when you're forcing that phone in the pouch.

11. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I never understood pouches. So you get a call - now you have to dig into the pouch and remove your phone. And what do you do with the pouch while on the phone? And you have to then reinsert the phone into the pouch after the call? too much work.

I reached the same conclusion about cases and I much prefer the naked feel. Only problem is that I don't like going completely naked because the phone is just too darn fragile. I ended up using a Caudabe Veil super thin case and that's held up well so far. It gives me a near naked feel of the phone and protects from scratches and bumps.

12. meistervu macrumors 65816

Neither did I until last year. I bought a nice Beza leather pouch for my iPhone 4, used it for a week, then stopped.

When I bought my iPhone 5, the idea of a pouch/wallet combo intrigued me. I always leave the house with a phone and my wallet. It would be nice to combine them.

So I bought an Attelier Pall Duo

[​IMG]

More than a year later, this is the only case I use. The wallet still looks flawless, and the wallet function is unbeatable. It functions better than a normal wallet for my needs: a few cards, 7 or 8 bills. It is easy to remove the phone from the wallet to answer a call. I don't talk on the phone that much, and when I do in the car my BT takes over so I never have to remove it. I love that it protect the phone from all angles. I just toss it in my bag when I go somewhere.

Yesterday I dropped it for the first time in the parking lot. I removed the phone and looked at it. It was perfect.

I have written a detailed review for it on this forum under that long wallet/pouch thread about a year ago.

13. takeshi74 macrumors 601

None. Still using my case.

14. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Is the above a picture of YOUR case? The reason I ask, is because the web site photos look a lot better than the user photo I saw in another thread. Also, is the inside of the case soft, or can the leather scratch the phone?

15. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

How does your phone hold up on this case? No scratches?

16. meistervu macrumors 65816

No, the photo is Attellier's. I have the same color and it is very much like what the photo shows. If you search on the forum, you will see my post with photos a year ago.

The inside is softer suede, and no it did not scratch my phone. Glass and anodized metal is pretty hard. Leather is soft. For one surface to scratch anther, it has to be harder than the target. If I however get some sand in the case, it could scratch the phone the way sand paper does.

----------

No scratches.

17. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I really don't see this working for me. With a drivers license, a few insurance cards, couple credit cards, metro card, business cards, that's a lot. Then one trip to the ATM to get $100-200 in 20's....that all gets pretty thick.

I don't do many calls either, but I do text, ck mail,read news. Every time I go back to a case, it just seems impractical. Nice case otherwise. But not if I'm really actively using the phone.

18. meistervu macrumors 65816

I typically keep 4-5 cards, 5-8 bills. If I am having long back and forth text conversation with some one I would keep it out of the pouch until I am done. Then it's no worse than having a naked phone which many people do. You can think of it as having a phone and a wallet, and the wallet could hold your phone when you want it to. But most of the time my phone is in it when I listen to music , answering my calls, making calls, all via bluetooth. When I take the train, bus, airplane and listen to music, books, my headset control everything so I have no need to take it out either. The fact that it's protected in the wallet most of the time is a big plus. I could toss it around with no worry.

But I am sure it's not for everyone. However I would suggest before you decide for yourself, take a close look at your usage patterns. I thought that it would be annoying not to have instant access to my phone when I would use a pouch. What I discover is that I am not that much of a slave to my phone the way I used to be when it was new and was a novelty. It's a tool, a very useful one at that, and I am glad that I don't have to consult it every few minutes. If I do, a pouch wouldn't be for me.