Cases and protection...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Mar 4, 2008.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/touch/verona_flip/index.php
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?fnode=home/ipod/buying_guide/cases&nplm=TP871LL/A

I was considering the invisshield product...but, hearing stories of "browning" and splitting had me reconsider. Also, having anything to spray a product with water and soap (the material) and using a blowdryer is a no in my book...

Would those two products be good? Anyone have them? Possibly post some photos?

Does anyone know where Xtreme Mac products are sold at retail stores?????

Thank you very much to those who help....

2. tony Ramirez macrumors member

get an invisisble shield

its perfect and the solution that comes with it works like a charm
    and the other advantage is that it stops the screen from smudging all the time

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

4. rioting macrumors member

The Power Support Film is just fine. I'm considering getting that myself actually. Keep in mind thought, that the back is no COMPLETELY covered. The corners are a bit exposed. And I would recommend the Anti-Glare, like you have in your link. (Has higher reviews)

As for your case, you can probably trust an XtremeMac product. :D
    Hoped this helped.

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

do any retail stores offer xtrememac products?

6. rioting macrumors member

I doubt they do. It'll probably be only available on the XtremeMac site.

7. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Here is what I found on Amazon made by Xtrememac. It includes the protective casing as well as a screen protector. It looks like a nice option. I got my Touch case at ifrogz.com. I think they are currently have a sale, and they also offer screen protectors. It was $3 for the screen protector when I purchased mine over the past weekend. Good luck.

8. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

does anyone have:

Belkin Remix Acrylic for iPod touch

thoughts?

9. cheskiz macrumors member

I wish to share this fateful incident i have just last sunday. I happily got a casing with a screen protector and it was hard to fixed in. Fortunately, the screen protector of the front protected my touch front screen from the scratches made by assembling of the casing. Some casing really require you to use some force in. Esp the see-through acylic. Here comes the ****** part, the back was not protected by any protector so it was scratched during the assembling.

Just take note, some casing provide 2 screen protector. One for back and One for front.

Take care.

10. jbarr macrumors regular

I'm using an odd combination, but overall protection is excellent: Belkin Silicone Sleeve to protect the body, and I use some old Palm PDA screen protectors that I had lying around.

Also, don't forget that Apple introduced an excellent design in its screen: The face of the touchscreen on the iPod Touch is solid glass (unlike the plastic overlays of many other PDA models) meaning means that the iPod Touch screen should be much more durable than most other PDA screens. (Though it is still prone to scratching, so you still need SOME sort of screen protection.)

11. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am using the IClear by Griffin. I like this one as it doesn't increase the size by much, and retains the look of the unit. On the screen I have a Belkin that I picked up from Target for about $12-.

12. Minus Human macrumors member

Minus Human

DLO Hybrid Shell Case

DLO's got this cool case you might want to check out. Had it for a while now and I can say I'm so content. It's made of tough polycarbonate plus gripable silicone at the back, hence its name.

BTW it comes with their Surface Shield screen protector. A perfect package I might say.

Attached Files:

13. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

ya know having a film or a case protecting your device is kind of a tragic ordeal, in the process of protecting its skin you also alienate yourself from it, no-one ever takes there iphone out at night to play with it in its natural form. i say let scratches be scratches, because if you protect it it will be only be for the person you sell it to. and ya know just be a smart monkey who doesn't destroy everything they own through incompetence

14. Minus Human macrumors member

Minus Human

It isn't a tragic ordeal to protect something you own. Smart monkeys don't build houses to protect themselves nor their bananas. :cool:

15. supercooled macrumors 6502a

16. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i purchased the anti-glare two film @ the apple store today and this...

http://goincase.com/products/detail/neoprene-sleeve-cl56143

i receive my 32gig ipod touch on friday...

but, did i make a good purchase on the neoprene sleeve case? does anyone have it? i'm really nervous and afraid of buyers remorse...

17. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

18. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

The case you got looks really nice to me. I think you made a good, sound choice. Well done. :)

19. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

It looks good, but you can expect some dust to get in. The beauty of that one is that you can pull it out from time to time and clean it off with a microfiber cloth and some of the stuff Apple sells by DLO to get the minor scuffs off. And to shine it up a bit.

20. Cammunicator macrumors newbie