Resolved Cases and Sleeves for 13" MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by js1997, Sep 29, 2014.

1. js1997, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

js1997 macrumors newbie

I just ordered my first MacBook Air (13") which will be in my hands Friday. Yay! I've been looking at cases and sleeves, trying to decide what to get to protect my new purchase. What would you recommend? One or the other or both together? Thanks for your help!

2. Tony78228 macrumors regular

Tony78228

good question, I'll be buying mine in a few days, and I had thought of getting a clear case from Speck

3. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

4. SusanK macrumors 68000

5. js1997 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I didn't see a specific answer to my question, hence the post. I was wondering if anyone found a reason to use both a case and a sleeve or if one or the other was sufficient. I already have a carrying bag for it. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Thanks for the help!

6. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I enjoy the Incase sleeves for my MacBook's. I've had several and they always had a good, snug fit and they didn't break the bank. I bought one off eBay for my 11" Air for $10 and it should be here soon. As far as cases for the computer, I usually don't use them because if you don't clean them out often enough and dirt gets trapped in the computer it can scratch it. Aluminum is a soft material and I've seen friends MacBook's get scratched up badly by not cleaning off the computer.

7. motrek macrumors 68020

I'm thoroughly confused by this post. To me, bags, sleeves, and cases are all synonyms. :) Maybe a sleeve is smaller than the rest, but they all seem to serve the same purpose. Why would you use two things at one time?

8. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

^^^^^I carry my MBA in a sleeve that I keep in a bag. I also keep peripherals in that bag (with a sholder strap) - like a surge protected power strip, external HD, wireless mouse, USB sticks, charger, and some other electronic bits and pieces. My MBA is used 90% for when I travel. When I reach my destination and just want to take the MBA with me, I pull the MBA and the sleeve out of the bag and I'm on my way.

BTW, if you had clicked the link I referenced above, you might have been able to figure that out.

Lou

9. MacVibe macrumors regular

I have this

Case Logic SSMA-313 Welded Sleeve for 13.3-Inch Ultrabooks / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro Retina Display (Black)

I love it, it is snug and fits inside the laptop compartment in my back pack. It is expensive on Amazon right now so it may have been discontinued.

10. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

Thank you for the post : ) !!!

I need a sleeve!

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!