iPad Cases available now for iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ntnwwnet, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ntnwwnet, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

ntnwwnet macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

Here's some cases that are already available to order for the iPad Air 2. Most of them are just iPad Air 2 versions of iPad Air cases.

Post some of your finds.

----------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Belkin Slim Style Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2 ($100)

[​IMG]

Outback Slip Case for iPad Air 2 ($60)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Apple iPad Air 2 polyurethane Smart Cover ($40) and leather Smart Case ($80)

[​IMG]

Snugg Black Leather iPad Air 2 case w/ hand strap & stylus loop ($29)

[​IMG]

Poetic Leather Trifold Cover Case for iPad Air 2 ($10)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

KaysCase Clear Cover ($13) & Premium Flipstand Cover Case ($16)

[​IMG]

Poetic GraphGrip ($15)

[​IMG]

Poetic SlimBook (with "vegan leather") ($15)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Belkin Cases for iPad Air 2

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Griffin Cases for iPad Air 2

[​IMG]

New Incipio cases (preorder)

[​IMG]

SUPCASE Slim Hard Shell Leather Case Cover ($10) (In stock on November 19, 2014)

2. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

3. hunkim macrumors newbie

4. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Cases available now for iPad Air 2

I loved the I-Blason iPad Air Smart Cover Companion Series Slim Fit Hard Case as it locked the Smart Cover on to your iPad Air so it didn't fall off. I hope they make one for the iPad Air 2 as I emailed them. Anyone know of one like this yet? The kayscase clear case doesn't look like it locks the Smart Cover in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FBFB0FI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_-zJqub10BYVF9

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I'm sold, ordering one myself. I like the Apple case but I just can't get myself to pay $80 for it.

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Synthetic leather-like material without the weight, cost, stain ability. It really does seem like leather, and is durable as my Ridge on my iPad Air is unblemished.
    Thanks!
    I prefer the DeviceWear to my brother's Apple case. His is loose and a bit tattered now, while mine remains as new. He's getting a Ridge this time.

7. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

[​IMG]

Since getting my iPad 3 in 2012 I have been using a simple Marware back shell that is coated in a black rubber paint and is very thin. I like a very slim design and a very quick-to-remove Smart Cover setup.

Does anyone know of something similar for the iPad Air 2? Mine is being delivered next week and I need some protection quickly. It appears Apple no longer makes a smart cover that is leather and I'm not sure if any back shells exist that fit the iPad Air 2 perfectly.

BJ

8. ntnwwnet, Oct 18, 2014

ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

[​IMG]

SUPCASE Slim Hard Shell Leather Case Cover ($10) (In stock on November 19, 2014)

----------

Power Support made one for the iPad Air, no info on the iPad Air 2 version yet. http://store.apple.com/us/product/HF033ZM/A/power-support-air-jacket-for-ipad-air

9. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I've ordered this one from Amazon. Supposed to ship on 10/24. We'll see...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OFQC46I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10. ntnwwnet, Oct 18, 2014

ntnwwnet

[​IMG]

I even mentioned this in the OP, no idea how I missed it. KaysCase ClearCase ($13) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...YXQ26LPX7ME33H

11. MikhailT macrumors 601

You're the man, thanks!

12. bobright macrumors 601

13. mcdj, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Probably because back shell cases require a much more precise fit, and without physical samples of the Air 2, a precise fit is tough to manufacture.

I'm guessing the cases listed above are actually not specific to the Air 2, but are just Air 1 cases that are being advertised as being Air 2 cases, when in fact their fit may be a bit loose. Early adopters might get loose fitting cases until the manufacturers get their hands on the new hardware.

They may offer to replace your loose fitting cases with an "improved" (read correctly fitting) version at some point. Of course it's in their best interest to do so, because it creates an illusion of "great customer service", when in fact they sold you last year's case advertised as this year's case, just to get your $30 ASAP (for a case that costs them no more than $5 to make).

My advice for Air 2 cases is order Apple's now, or get a sleeve, or wait a month.

14. ntnwwnet, Oct 19, 2014

ntnwwnet

This case is on sale right now:

[​IMG]

RooCase Optigon 3D (Various Colors) $6 with coupon code HPSXAJTW

15. bobright macrumors 601

Yea probably I just hate that they're so hard to find. They are always Smart Cover compatible and have the stupid cutouts. I want a simple shell case even on the Air don't know why they seem so hard to find.

16. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

I am in Hong Kong and can confirm that there are zero iPad 2 cases out in the wild on Nathan Road or any of the computer shops in town. Since this is what fuels eBay and Amazon with inexpensive product I can say pretty definitively that we're going to enter our first few weeks of iPad ownership without any back protection. May have to buy a sleeve or something of that nature myself.

BJ

17. Mr.C macrumors 601

Luckily I still have the Vaja brand leather sleeve for my iPad 3 which works well with my iPad Air with the Smart Cover on. It should also work with the iPad Air 2 with a Smart Cover too. I can use that as a temporary solution until I can pick up a clear back TPU case.

18. BigMacAttack1 macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

I was going to go with the Case Crown Omni (black back) but now like the idea of a clear back that will show off the gold and combo it with a smart cover. Anyone have a lead on something like that?

19. ntnwwnet, Oct 22, 2014

ntnwwnet

Maybe the KaysCase ClearCase ($13, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...YXQ26LPX7ME33H? It's not exactly clear, more like a frost.

20. howieho macrumors newbie

That is a great deal for a roocase. I've always had luck with the cases I've tried from them. And I'm the type that usually orders 3 or 4 cases before I find the one I like. I was interested in this one, but the price for the Optigon is hard to resist.

http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Air-Case-Landscape-Generation/dp/B00OKUAS8U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1414098587&sr=8-5&keywords=roocase+ipad+air+2

I'll probably order both. Usually I order one then end up ordering the other later cause I don't feel satisfied until I've tried both. It'll save me some time.

21. ZipZap macrumors 603

I think this is the best case for the iPad air. I just use the shell as its has a hand strap and built in feet. Its thin and solid.
    Click Me

22. Garussell macrumors member

Let me know how this case turns out please! I feel the same way about the apple case too

23. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I will. It'll be a week or so. Their first batch didn't work once they got actual iPad in their hands and had to remake them. Supposed to ship on Tuesday. Hopefully have it by Friday.

24. Eileen89 macrumors 65816