iPod touch Cases for 16GB not the same?

olly666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Seattle, WA
I was looking into cases for my soon to arrive 16gb 5th gen Touch. I noticed several specified 16gb model. Are the 16gb versions different to the 32/64 in dimensions, etc? Thanks.

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
Should be the same dimensions, but with no cutouts for camera and flash.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I was looking into cases for my soon to arrive 16gb 5th gen Touch. I noticed several specified 16gb model. Are the 16gb versions different to the 32/64 in dimensions, etc? Thanks.
My niece has the 16gb. She is using one of the Griffin cases. It fits fine, just has the camera cutout like the other poster stated.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I dont think u need cases for the touch 16GB since there is no rear camera so u dont need to worry the lens will be scratched.

However, i heard that lens are made of saphire crystal so it is unscratchable regardless. Only reason to get a case is if u find the device too thin.
( they should have added ALS for the 16gb) Cheapo apple

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I dont think u need cases for the touch 16GB since there is no rear camera so u dont need to worry the lens will be scratched.

However, i heard that lens are made of saphire crystal so it is unscratchable regardless. Only reason to get a case is if u find the device too thin.
So you think people use cases because of the lens, and not to protect from drops.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

Interesting logic considering most cases don't cover the camera lens anyway...:rolleyes:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Interesting logic considering most cases don't cover the camera lens anyway...:rolleyes:
Nope, most cases doesn't but it keep the lens from laying flat on the table so u do not risk scratching the lens. Thats why most people put on cases.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I primarily use cases to prevent scratches on the device's sides and back, not lens. This is for resale of my iDevices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.