Cases for 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joneill55, Aug 20, 2013.

1. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2007
    Likely the existing iPhone 5 cases/screen savers will fit the soon to be released iPhone 5S? Or will there be another entire line of cases for 5S??

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    No one can really give you a qualified answer, yet.
  3. rjkgr macrumors regular

Aug 15, 2013
    it looks like to be the same dimensions so i would assume yes...not sure tho
  4. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2012
    Odds are, the iPhone 5S cases will be compatible with iPhone 5 cases and vice versa. There'll be a line of 5S cases only for the marketing, I would think. There are two things that wouldn't make this the case (pun not intended :p):

The home button w/ the rumoured fingerprint scanner may cause some issues for iPhone 5 screen protectors and cases with lay-on-the-table design (doubtful about the latter, though).

A second issue with iPhone 5 cases is whether the camera cutout will fit the dual LED that's rumoured to in the 5S. Then again, I think current cutouts are large enough.
  5. ricktat macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2013
    The dual LED is one that I question.

It may also come with a mic in a different location and that could cause a problem.

Any case that covers the home button is a potential issue or just loss of function.

Apple may be laughing at us for even thinking it's a fingerprint scanner.
  6. asthamapheo macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2013
    based on the leaks, i think the iphone 5 cases will easily fit the iphone 5s.
  7. bigpika macrumors member

Mar 3, 2013
  8. Klosefabrinio macrumors regular

Aug 10, 2013
    the S models usually copy all of the basic things from their predecessors and the leaks also indicate that both phones have same dimensions. so there a high probability that the 5S will support the iphone 5 cases.
  9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    Only thing is that for the new rumored flash, some cases might need a revised edition.