Cases for cdma iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macuserjhs, Jan 11, 2011.

1. macuserjhs macrumors regular

Right now i have a gsm iphone 4 with an incase snap case, if you are reading this and you have an incase snap look a the left side you will notice that there is a lot of room in the sound on/sound of switch. Looking at the comparison photos of the gsm and cdma iphones it looks like the incase snap will fit the cdma. I am just wondering if maybe companies were told about it and kept some space there for a reason. What are your thoughts. Will they be making new cases or keeping the same ones?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Theres going to have to be new cases. The Verizon iPhones buttons are placed differently.

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

The case companies are going to be loving it. A few more million iPhone's in the US means a ton of cases that will be bought!

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Some will have to remake their cases in order to fit the Verizon iPhone. Others, like Seidio or Incase, who leave the side area open on a couple of their cases might not have to. Definitely will have to see some new bumpers.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

LOL. Look at the APPLE BUMPER buddy. It will not work with the new Verizon iPhone. So no, case companies were not told about this ahead of time. End of theory. ;)

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Some cases will fit that have larger openings around the buttons. I don't expect all the case companies to make Verizon versions for all versions of their iPhone 4 cases. It just would not make economical sense when the iPhone 5 will come out on all carriers in June. Even though the iPhone 4 will be around for another 17 months as the low price option there just won't be that much demand for it from Verizon customers after June.

7. macuserjhs thread starter macrumors regular

Well who would be telling the companies? apple. Who makes the bumper? Apple. I am not talking about all cases. And did i say positively? no. i said maybe.

8. Fankie macrumors newbie

This is nothing new, CDMA version of iphone 4 will be released by Verizon on January 2011. http://www.tipb.com/2011/01/05/iphone-5-cdma-iphone-casing-leaked/ It is normal that case manufactures change the design of their products to fit the new version iphone 4. Until then, i think all of us will throw away our current using device, case for iphone 4 and buy the Verizon iphone 4, which claimed they have fixed antenna issues.