Cases for iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RevolvingSheep, Mar 4, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

What are the case options for the iPad 3 right now? I was hoping to chose my case before the iPad 3 is released. I'm not sure what type of case I want as this is my first iPad. I think I want something that has the features of the smart case but that protects more of the iPad. Suggestions?

2. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

You could buy a plastic back that's compatible with a Smart Cover?

Something like this: http://www.myincipio.com/iPad-2-Cas...-Smart-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

or this

https://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/smartshell-for-ipad-2.html

That's probably what I'll do. I had book-style cases on my iPad and iPad 2, but I want to get more of the iPad feel instead of a big bulky book-like feel.

3. falcora macrumors 6502

Those look nice, but i doubt they will work with an iPad 3. The case is supposed to be tapered differently and slightly thicker. I hope they come out with those same models for the 3 by launch day. I'd rather not go long with my new iPad unprotected.

4. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Oh yeah, I forgot you said you wanted a case immediately.

I'm sure some mainstream companies have already created cases that will release on March 7.

5. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

Anything made now will be based on "guesstimates" i would think. Better to wait a while or buy what Apple releases officially (which sounds like it might have rear protection this time).

Be warned, iPads are very easy to drop, especially after a month or so. You do become complacent.

6. maclook macrumors 65816