Cases for MBP...Is there a definitive answer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Audrey313, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Audrey313 macrumors member

I am getting a MBP and want to get a case. I knew that both InCase and Speck were re-camping their cases to fit with the MagSafe properly. I also knew that Speck took a short cut and clipped off pieces of plastic and claimed that they were the new ones.

I have searched through the forums for the answer to my question. However, it seems as though some people are thinking the tinkered with Speck cases are truly the new cases so I don't know if the new (properly fitting and not rigged) cases are indeed released.

So could someone tell me if either of these brands have released the new versions we have been waiting for? I'm for the record, not talking about the ones with the sticker claiming they are but are not. If the new and proper ones are out, could someone please tell me where to find it...Apple, Best Buy, certain site, etc? And what I should look for to differentiate it from the others that were posing to be the new and correct ones?

Thanks in advance for clearing it up...searching through posts just confused me more...but I did try...

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

speck has released their new cases, simply look for the letter "D" at the end of the product number

3. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

In stores (Apple or BB) or just online?

Btw, how is your eBay one doing? I wanted one but just now decided which size I'm getting and need the case pronto and can't wait the 2 weeks it takes for shipping.

4. Jenko macrumors regular

Hi, I just received my first ever apple product, an MBP 15" and I purchased a black incase hardshell with it. It fits really well and is easy to remove if needed. There is no problem with magsafe connection as my incase is for the 2010 MBP, so they are out there. I also purchased a moshi palmguard and keyboard cover extra insurance against my two year olds mischief. Anyway iI recommend the incase it does what it says on the box!

5. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

The ebay one was just fine but I decided that I wanted a satin one so I just got a black satin, lovin' it.

for example.
    MB13AU-SEE-AQU-D <--- 13" aqua seethru
    MB15AUSAT-RED-D <---15" red satin

It's the same for online and in store, just look for the "-D" at the end

6. feeth macrumors 6502

I got the black soft touch incase for my new 13.3 MBP from Best Buy for $50. Not cheap, but its very nice. Fit is IMO excellent and no issues with magsafe connection mounted either way.

7. Outbreak macrumors newbie

beautiful, thank you VERY much for that info, heading to the apple store tomorrow to purchase a seethru:)

8. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone for your help! Got my first Mac (15" MBP) yesterday. I'm looking to protect this baby to the fullest (seeing as though this is a major investment and accidents seem to seek me out!). Jenko-where did you get your accessories? I looked at the Apple store yesterday and their selection of cases is "slim pickins" so I'll prob go to Best Buy today. Also, how do you like the Moshi palm guard? I'm considering getting one of those as well....