Cases for my new rMB

SteveJUAE

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I've always used Speck cases but having said that I noticed on the rMB they do not have ventilation slots on the underside where others do.

I tend to use my rMB on a coffee table but my wife props it up on a pillow on the sofa. The other day she was complaining of shutdowns/restarts which I thought was a mixture of the case and pillow causing overheating being a fanless design it maybe more susceptible how its used.

We have now removed the case which also tends to chip on the corners very easily, my old MBA 2012 that my son recently returned looks almost perfect after 4 years Uni use so I think the shell is a bit more hardy than you may think providing you just use a sleeve for carrying around in a bag etc

BTW did you get the rose gold ?

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
I've always used Speck cases but having said that I noticed on the rMB they do not have ventilation slots on the underside where others do.

I tend to use my rMB on a coffee table but my wife props it up on a pillow on the sofa. The other day she was complaining of shutdowns/restarts which I thought was a mixture of the case and pillow causing overheating being a fanless design it maybe more susceptible how its used.

We have now removed the case which also tends to chip on the corners very easily, my old MBA 2012 that my son recently returned looks almost perfect after 4 years Uni use so I think the shell is a bit more hardy than you may think providing you just use a sleeve for carrying around in a bag etc

BTW did you get the rose gold ?

Yea I think I want to get some sort of case to keep it looking good :) I got the space grey, husband wasn't to keen on me getting the rose gold, lol!

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
I have this case for the previous generation rMB. Though it's made for the iPad, it fits very snug in this case, it looks nice IMHO, and i can fit both the charging block, USB-C cord, apple VGA adaptor, and lightning cable nicely. Plus, it's got a little pouch in the back for a few papers if needed.

The rMB is a little longer than an iPad so, though you can close it easily, probably not as easily as you would be able to with an iPad. Otherwise, it's like the case was made for the rMB.

Brenthaven stopped making this particular case, but I guess there's one left on amazon. It's too bad because it's almost like a sleeve with a shoulder strap which is exactly what I wanted.

http://www.amazon.com/Brenthaven-Co...11288&sr=8-1&keywords=brenthaven+collins+ipad

kitt9000

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Got me a new rMB yesterday. Looking for a nice case for it. Something that is still see-thru. Found a few on Amazon last night. Anybody have one that they like and would recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/Mosiso-Macboo...id=1461685937&sr=8-4&keywords=macbook+case+12

http://www.amazon.com/iBenzer-Soft-Skin-Soft-Touch-Plastic-Macbook/dp/B00XNKQ22O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1461686082&sr=8-5&keywords=macbook+case+12&refinements=p_85:2470955011
After having gone through 3 speck cases for the MacBook, one through warranty exchange, all of them started chipping and breaking after only days of normal use. Then I bought 2 Mosiso cases (we have 2 MacBooks in the family), same as the ones in the link above, and the fit and finish of these cases is fantastic! It's been about 1 month only but they're rock solid. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.