Cases for Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cherry13bomb, Jan 13, 2011.

1. cherry13bomb macrumors member

How long do you think will it take before we see more cases that are compatible with the Verizon iPhone? Anyone know of any sites offering them now?

2. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Case-Mate already announced an entire Verizon iPhone 4 compatible line.

3. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi Larry as a respectable person what carrier do you prefer ATT or Verizon?

4. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Don't want to thread jack but I've always been of the belief that the main 4 cell providers (T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon) all are not without fault. Each has it's coverage issues. I can't really say Verizon is any better than AT&T. The coverage I get with AT&T is decent and I imagine if I switched to Verizon what I'd experience would be similar. They all drop calls now and then, it's the nature of a cell phone to do so. I'm in a family plan with three iPhones, all under contract, so there's no way I'm switching regardless.

5. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you weren't tied to Att contract would you stay with att or think about switching?

6. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I'd probably consider switching. Verizon does seem to have, based on what other people tell me, better coverage in the area I live.

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

A lot of places are determining if their current cases will work. I like PDO silk slider cases so I asked them. They don't know yet, but if they need to make a new model it will take 3-4 weeks from when they know the new specs to use.

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Is a Verizon iPhone going to affect your reviews?

9. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Don't see how or why it would.

10. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Hopefully case companies will start to make universal iPhone 4 cases.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

That is what they need to do yes. It would be just a minor cutout and for that they shouldn't start making two versions for one case..

12. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yes, maybe a long cutout that extends from the silent switch down to the buttons? Kind of how they do on slider cases. Exactly what they did for screen protectors, they just extended the cutout to fit the front facing cameras.

13. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

I'm hoping cases will be available by the time I receive my iPhone. I can't seem to find much right now online.

14. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

That works if you don't mind having that much of your iPhone exposed...

The buttons moved so that the antenna issue would be fixed, so will they do that for the iPhone 5? Then Verizon users would just have to buy an iPhone 5 case instead.

Otherwise I'd rather have an alternate case - I would be weary about exposing the volume buttons for my personal use.

15. black743 macrumors 6502

Guys, I don't think that bottom volume button is much lower...if any lower at all. This pic is from Cnet and from a straight on angle, only the mute button looks like its moved....maybe a hair on the bottom volume. I think the single opening cases will all work just fine, unless there's one out there that literally touches the bottom volume button.

Attached Files:

16. nies macrumors 6502

apparently apple stores have already started getting their shipments in for verizon iphone bumpers..