Cases 'like' the Apple cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jazper, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Anyone know of any hard plastic cases that fit like the Apple cases but have a nice matte type grip to them?

The only ones I can find have open an open top - usually I get these cases despite this but after using the Apple leather case I quite like having it fully protected.

Any one seen any like this? :D

2. hernan1304 macrumors member

Incipio DualPro. It's matte, not very grippy though. Otherwise very nice.

3. Jazper thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is it thick though? I'm used to their thin feather cases.

4. foreplay macrumors member

There is 2 MM difference between the feather and the dualpro

IMO People's obsessiveness with thinness has jumped the shark. A case considered "bulky" these days is still thinner than a naked IP3 or 4.

5. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I ordered one from wirelessemporium.com and it will arrive today. I'm trying to get a similar one to Apple's silicone one. I'll post it when I receive it tonight.

6. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Just received it and I am very disappointed. By the pictures on the website it looks like the apple case in terms of the coverage and buttons being covered. But it's a cheapie $.50 plastic case with the top, bottom, and buttons all exposed. It was also very slippery like it had baby powder on it.

[​IMG]

7. billm0066 macrumors member

Thickness isn't much of an issue with a phone that is 1/2 the size of an iphone 6.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

lol. Looks like they just took a picture of an Apple leather case and and sent something not even close to it.

9. foreplay macrumors member

Does 2-3 MM really make that big of a difference though?

I'm seeing people scoff at "bulky cases" that are 2MM bigger than an advertised "slim" case that they love.

I think we are actually getting to the other extreme where cases are too thin and light. Somewhere around 9.5-11MM feels the best in hand to me. It is obvious to me the 6 is intended to be worn with a case which is why I'm scratching my head when everyone seems to be so focused on bendgate and thin cases.

10. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

That was my guess that they just stole the picture. Oh well, they have a good return policy plus I used shoprunner so back it goes.

11. hernan1304 macrumors member

I really don't think you'll find it too thick. Some Verizon stores carry them - see if you can take a look at it in person!

12. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator